View Single Post
Old 06-30-2018, 07:30 AM   #74
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Doc, great exercise.

You know where I stand though. What you are working on is just a different look for the same thing. Basically MOHR.

For the Camaro to be sustainable one of two things have to happen:

It goes up further up market costing even more to generate enough profit to be worth the expense and investment. If the Mid Engine Corvette goes up market with lower volumes (which I doubt is the plan, I think they expect to hold volumes) maybe there is a place for a lower volume higher priced Camaro.

Or

You have to broaden the appeal. By that the styling needs to be less "aggressive" and the car needs to be more usable on a day to day basis. Although we've never seen the statistics on this, I believe the reason the Mustang sells better than the Camaro is simply the L4 and V6 cars have sold at higher numbers and likely have an appeal to more female buyers. This is why I chuckle a bit when everyone trots out the ATP numbers. Mustang is lower because it sells more lower priced NON GT models. I honestly wouldn't be surprised at all if the SS/SS 1LE/ZL1 outsold the GT/350/350R.......by a lot.

Coupe sales are dying and ultimately GM won't have room for two low volume performance/sports cars.

Don't want to discourage the exercise as it's always fun to prognosticate and look into the future. Keep going.