View Single Post
Old 06-23-2018, 04:57 PM   #161
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Tiger View Post
Again, where does this fit in? Is it between Trax & Equinox or Equinox & Traverse? Is there really that big a gap in either of those holes? That’s why I was hoping it was a smaller Tahoe.
Its between the Equinox and the Traverse. Thats why they made the Equinox smaller and the Traverse bigger with the latest generation of each.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastball View Post
The old K5 Blazer/Tahoe (1969-99) could be equipped with either the standard 350, a 6.2 Diesel, or a 454 gas. Depending on model year. It was quite possible to get one equipped to tow up to 7500 lbs.

Now, the S-10 Blazer, 1982-2005, was the one that was never meant to tow much since it’s engines were either a 4 banger or a 2.8-4.3 V6.

The K5 Blazer/Tahoe was and still is the best Blazer ever built. Better than this new piece of front wheel drive-based plastic.

To paraphrarse Doc in Back To The Future Part II:

“Marty, he’s in a K5 Blazer, we’re in a 2019 Blazer. He’d cut through us like we were tin foil”
And the big boats that I mentioned, near as I can tell, are routinely in the 3 to 4 ton range by themselves. Then there is the trailer. Then you also have hundreds of pounds of payload in the truck itself between you, your family, and your stuff for the weekend. That weight takes away from the tongue weight capacity because you don't want to overload the rear end of your truck. I'm not even bothering with the recommended '85% safety factor' for towing.

Like I said, I would not recommend using ANY Blazer from ANY year for that kind of load.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote