View Single Post
Old 05-29-2018, 10:40 AM   #39
Provoste

Drives: E46 S54 race car, 964C2
Quote:
Originally Posted by trackjunkie61 View Post
Hey Provoste, what lug nuts you running with the Apex rims. I noticed the Apex rims have a smaller seat than OEM. I also like the open end ones you have in your pick that allow you to see the threads.

What spacers are people running. My 5mm from my BMW E36 fit, but the diameter is a little small.

I will be running Apex SM-10 18x10.5 with Toyo R888R at MSR Houston 6/3.
Hontestly, I'm not sure of the brand. I get them from my shop. If you search M14x1.5 conical seat, you can find plenty of options online. I'm running a H&R 5mm spacers that are also for an e36, they work great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaphfireSS View Post
I figured you would have pulled the trigger on E85 and tune by now. It sure woke my car up from its little nap it was taking. Lol
Yeah, I would like to just do e85 with a tune, but am trying to keep the car fully under waranty for now. Maybe down the road...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryephile View Post
I'm also running the MRR M716's 19x10.5 and 19x11, but with Supercar 3R in 305/30-19 front and back. Plenty of front strut clearance with the Moreno's full-in and the knuckles pulled back to -2.7° camber.

Here's my Mom doing her first-ever track weekend. She got to check this off her bucket list.
Your car/wheels look awesome! Very cool re: your Mom doing a DE. I'll bet she was blown away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradfordCamaro View Post
Well...That is the argument for a square set-up.Rotating.
Seems a little much to be pulling tires off wheels and swapping them around.
Agreed, which is why I'm cool with a small front spacer to be able to run a true square setup.

That being said, lots of cars from the factory have run square tires on staggered wheels: 2018 Mustang GT PP2, 5th Gen Z28 to name a few. Running a square tire on staggered wheels still affords a wider rear track even though the tires are ths same size: meaning a 305 on a 11.0 wheel will measure wider than a 305 on a 10.5 wheel. It can be a good middle ground in looking for a bit more rear traction but not wanting to risk inducing additional understeer with a 325 rear.
Provoste is offline   Reply With Quote