View Single Post
Old 05-26-2018, 08:59 AM   #73
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by collinms View Post
The A10 features several "easter eggs". For example, when driving in a highway gear, you can hold the downshift paddle for one second and the transmission will immediately shift into the lowest possible gear for a pass.

At what speed do you have to be going for this to work? Do you have to be in a certain mode?
Any speed, and you have to be in manual shift mode. You also must be completely off the accelerator and it's actually a 3 sec hold of the left paddle or hold back on the shifter.

Example: cruising along at 80mph you would tap the left button once to enter manual shift mode (or move the shifter to the left). Then hold the left button down (or hold shifter back) for 3 sec and lift off the accelerator. It will drop all the way to 3rd gear.

This is not meant for passing but more for roll racing. And if you go WOT you better be ready to shift super quick because you're already at red line.

The other way to increase RPM's quickly and not as aggressive as above is to blip the throttle while and it will go in to Performance Shift Mode which will keep your RPMs up to ~4500 or greater as long as your being aggressive with the throttle. It will automatically go back to normal after a few seconds during normal cruising. This feature is not active in Tour mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 45LongColt View Post
Didnt see this mentioned but pretty cool feature especally if your new to manual driving is the hill hold feature. On M6 if on a hill and stopped, if you pump the brakes slightly Hill Hold is activated and allows you about 3 seconds of hold time so the car will not drift backwards when your foot is removed from the brake.
That's something I've never been able to try. Probably on my next car as it will be a manual. (I think)