View Single Post
Old 05-07-2018, 10:52 PM   #415
C7 Carbon

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow6thGen View Post
C7 I’ve given you more than a week to reply to your issue of communication about your wing that so-called fit the Convertibles. Well, I emailed called and you return my call basically going to BBB to file a complaint to this $800.00+ wing that bolts didn’t come close to matching up, and it leaves 4 holes in my trunk that your people communicated over the phone and in email about the wing fitting the Convertible as a bolt on. Sure it bolts on with a lot of rework on my end and leaving two water intrusion holes on the outside posts... I’m not happy you chose to ignor my offer to help fix this issue vs telling me we’ll ship it back after waiting 5+ months for it only to receive the below picks and now estimate of 1K of body work to make it perfect fit like your team told me.... I’m not really sorry doing this as it’s ending up like other vendors here not answering the hard questions on the requirements when you truly have no clue... The design of the Convertible has not changed with the radio antennas installed in the factory wings, it’s been that way on the current model, since the 2016 came out and that I owned before my 18... Oh you might want to train your staff with the facts before you tell us to spend the money and get cheep engineering as I told you on the phone.... You offered to have me ship the wing back for a refund with 4 days before the DUB show? And have 10 holes in my car. Heck everyone please look at the pictures and decide for yourself. Yes it is a Convertible and yes it’s a 2018 ZL1 and not cheep by any means, so why would you offer to mess up my convertible more by returning it verses fixing the issue you said I would never have! I’ve taken the pictures, sent them to you and only have talked good about you until your actions to this consumer were just so out of line, it was rediculass. Go to a show with 10 holes, no wing, and no seals to prevent any water intrusion to enter the trunk..and you expect me to be happy.... So no I’m not happy, I am happy my jury rigging the install worked and I went to the show and won my class.... Yes 1st Place in Domestic class... so please everyone take a look at these pics and tell me this would work if you were a consumer, a corvette owner..??? I’ll see if I can get pictures of what looks like Demples in the top of wing as well as scratch on winglet.... I thought it was wrapped good but oh well. Why different bolts installed some painted some not? Now GM gaskets included? Oh that’s right 4-9 days from dealer maybe.... Very disappointing...

If anyone wants video of this I have and will share it please pm me with email address I can’t get it to upload...I guess I could put on YouTube...

Thank you for your post. Our wing does not fit the convertible (And if you check our website we advertise that it does not fit the convertible) and you have 30 days from receiving the wing to return it for a full money back (Including Shipping). We will let the shipping department know tomorrow that you would like to return the spoiler for a full refund and send you a pre-paid shipping label to return the spoiler.

We deeply apologize again about the spoiler not fitting your convertible, but our test car is a coupe and that is what we developed this spoiler based on, if there is enough interest down the road we can look into developing a convertible spoiler option also, but as for now it will not work without slotting / modifying your decklid holes.

Last edited by C7 Carbon; 05-07-2018 at 11:58 PM.