View Single Post
Old 04-27-2018, 10:36 PM   #78
PolynesianPowerhouse
Big Samoan ina little car

Drives: 2016 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEX1LE View Post
Well guys, just got off the phone with Justin and we got to the bottom of it finally and I feel like a complete idiot. I had the thrust bearing installed upside down which was not allowing the strut to move properly and causing excessive metal on metal wear, whole thing user error.

I apologize for the unnecessary scare to everyone and fire drill for Justin to come up with a fix that wasn't needed, noob status reinstated.
looking back at page 1...... https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showp...10&postcount=1

Originally, was that the problem as well with the thinner bearing plates???? ... it looks like theres no room for pivot between the needle bearing carrier and the bottom of the spherical bearing as well, and that was the old setup.

When I see posts asking "whats the best intake, exhaust, etc" .... the answer to that is like a grandfather telling his grandkids "if you put salt on a birds tail, it'll let you catch it" #ThinkAboutIt

"Winning Tip: Don't take my (or anyone else's) word for it. GO TEST IT!" - Dennis Grant
PolynesianPowerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote