Thread: CAI Dyno Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2018, 10:00 AM   #10
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
Can you concour this is how the test went...

1. Baseline pull with no tune how it left the showroom.

2. Intake Test pull with cool down ....All you did was swap intakes.. or you swapped intakes and tuned on it with hood open.

Not to discredit all the research and design.. but I'd like to put this cold air debate to bed! I'm sure they add a little.. But how much if anything? And how much can be credited to the tune?

I'd like to see the car tuned on the stock box then put the rotofab on with the hood closed.. or tune on the rotofab with hood closed then put stock box back on and see if the numbers are the same, lets be honest none of us drive this car with the hood off.
The same amount of cfm's should be shoved at the air box channel or same number of fans should be used also placed in the same spot on the dyno so there is no skewed results.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^CAN YALL DO THIS?^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I own Both the Rotofab and the Carbon Elite... Unfortunately The SS with the blower was out before any kind of CAI was available (rotofab setup). Same with the Zl1 the car was out before the Carbon Elite.. Both cases the cars were tuned on the stock box and later when intakes where available they were added. Neither Intakes made power as claimed or any real hp gains...

Infact what did make power was cutting the airbox bottom out and attaching the filter to it with gorilla tape.. Try this out since you have a dyno!!!!

GM did a good job they knew exactly where the turn should be and angle the problem is its on sucking air from 3/4 of the filter because the angle of box in the confined space one the box is open it can pull air all over.

small problem though sitting still w no movement it pull a little hot are from motor but once moving it quickly cools down or 100 feet or so.. so if the fans on the dyno are on and the hood is up no big deal...

So what would it take to do this... I'd be happy show my results if i could get free dyno time or it was paid for by someone..

PS..

reducing the tube size and causing more velocity to trick the MAF / computer is not as good as having an area to actually increase the volume or cfm of an intake... trying to do this in a factory location is dam near impossible.

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber

Last edited by EDFHOBBIES; 04-27-2018 at 11:18 AM.
EDFHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote