View Single Post
Old 04-10-2018, 09:35 PM   #42
CCG Garnet Red

Drives: 2017 RS Garnet Red Tintcoat A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by gringo View Post
The '72 to '73 A body transition in no way compares to this hideous 6th gen update. The Colonade coupes were beautiful cars especially the very European looking 4 door sedans and wagons.

Sure, the Chevelle SS wasn't the best looking of the bunch in '73, but you had the Grand Am, Laguna S-3 and the Cutlass S which had it dialed in. The Laguna looked pretty darn good with that bumperless front end.
Laguna S-3 didn't come out until '74, no more Chevelle SS. Agree on the front and rear of the '73 Laguna. It should have been used for the SS. '73 SS had a railroad tie for a front bumper and somewhat for the rear. Olds and Pontiac did a much better job of incorporating the bumpers into the '73 GTO, Gran Am and Cutlass. You're correct, as years went on, Colonades sold well. '73 Chevelle, except for Laguna, ugly. BTW, did you know a '73 Chevelle SS station wagon was available? I never saw one in real life. When my friends and I first saw the '73 Chevelle SS brochure, someone said, "Well, It might look good if you got the right color." The '19 SS Camaro would only look kinda good if black, and that still wouldn't correct the flowtie issue.
CCG Garnet Red is offline   Reply With Quote