Thread: 2.0 1LE
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2018, 07:53 PM   #21
RedonBlackRS

Drives: 1LT RS 2.0T 8A HD
I believe it's John Cafaro who's been approving all of the dorky anime faces on Chevrolets lately.

Just look at anything from a Spark to a Traverse, and you'll see a hexagonal grille grille (trying to emulate the shape of the Stingray's grille) with another trapezoidal opening haphazardly slapped up above it, with a bowtie tossed in somewhere to tell you it's a Chevy and not some Chinese knockoff of a real car.

I'm tired of it, and now the 2019 Spark, Cruze, Malibu, and Camaro have all taken it to the next obnoxious level. Luckily, the Tahoe/Suburban, Colorado, Silverado, and Impala have escaped his wrath thus far.

JOHN! WHY IS IT SO HARD FOR YOU TO DRAW A DAMN GRILLE THAT LINES UP WITH ITSELF??? Look at the 2008 Malibu by Clay Dean for an example of what a Chevy car's front end should look like, or even the 2010 Equinox. Modernize it to your heart's content, please! But don't give it some goofy anime face (2018 Equinox), or have the bowtie reside COMPLETELY BELOW the headlights (2019 Camaro).

Camaro and Corvette should always have more flexibility in fascia design because cooling airflow takes precedence over fuel economy airflow, but this is just too goofy looking to take seriously. Even the car looks like it's embarrassed and staring at the ground in front of it like a kid getting yelled at.

Sorry for the rant, but I had to get that out in the air. I love Chevrolet, but they make it really hard on us sometimes...

EDIT: It turns out, John Mack is the one responsible for the new Camaro.

Last edited by RedonBlackRS; 04-10-2018 at 08:10 PM. Reason: Did more research
RedonBlackRS is offline   Reply With Quote