Thread: LT4 vs LT5
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2018, 08:47 AM   #14
FringBirdAloha

Drives: Pre-production ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdevil77 View Post
Just watched RPMs video of the first ZR1 on the dyno with the new LT5. It dynos in the 66X range with the highest being 668 rwhp (about what a stock Hellcat puts down. It had my thinking. I know plenty of us want to see an LT5 powered ZL1, but it probably won't happen. Do you think it's possible to convert an LT4 into an LT5? What is needed for such a conversion? I know the blower and suplemental port injection fuel system are needed, but are there any other crucial pieces to the puzzle?
Why do you say it won’t happen? Why have a bunch of LT5’s sitting around and not use them? They’re gonna get a year of exclusivity with the Corvette ZR1 and then after that 2-3 more years shared with the 6th gen Camaro before the C8 midengine takes over with DOHC and turbo charged engines

GM didn’t spend this much money developing the LT5 to use it for a year or two and then shelve it.

Plus, the ZR1 is selling unbelievably well right now, even for a $140,000 dollar car. What makes you think GM wouldn’t stuff the LT5, CCBrakes, and an even more aggressive aero package into the Camaro and charge 80k for it? I’d certainly pay 80k for ZR1 performance that would normally cost 140k.

Plus the LT5 is the only way the Camaro will see a sub 7 minute ring time record that Al just recently mentioned he wanted to try to achieve.

Save your money....
FringBirdAloha is offline   Reply With Quote