Thread: LT4 vs LT5
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2018, 11:09 AM   #10
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Drives: Fast
Instead of trying to make it work, I say just leave your car alone, maybe do some bolt ons or something to keep you satisfied and wait for the newer car to come out. That's just my opinion but once you build a car, it doesn't matter as much if you're faster than your buddies stock/mostly stock Hellcat. Once you're modified, all bets are off, because at that point, it's a game of who's going to spend more money or tear up their car more.

The LT5 should be put in the ZL1. But it will never happen. It will never make it into a Camaro period. First off, did they ever drop the LS9 into a Camaro? Nope. Putting 755 HP into a Camaro that's already as good as a Corvette in many ways puts it WAY above every Corvette except for a ZR1. Never going to happen.

The LT5 uses a 2650 (2.6L) blower, the LT4 uses a 1740 (1.7L) blower, and the previous LS9 used a 2300 (2.3L) blower, and the LSA used a 1900 (1.9L) blower. Because of this, the LT4 happens to run the hottest and make the least power mod for mod (Maybe around the same as the LSA).

So if you are after more power, then a Whipple 2.9L or waiting for the 2650 from Magnuson, fueling, and maybe headers, is the way to go. Or you can push the stock blower further.

The E99 will be tunable at some point, matter of time. They said the same thing about the E92. I expect the LT5 to make 750-800 RWHP on full bolt ons, over 850 RWHP with a cam, and as much as 1000 RWHP to the tire with full build on E/Meth.
Can'tHave2MuchHP is offline   Reply With Quote