View Single Post
Old 03-06-2018, 01:00 PM   #1
RacerX78

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
SS 1LE, Good All Season Daily Track Car?

I am considering getting a SS 1LE for my daily driver/Track car. I currently drive a Subaru WRX STi that I daily and use for AutoX and HPDE trackdays. The STi is a great car handles great in all conditions and is fun everyday. But it’s not perfect, as the stock tune and pistons can have problems over time. While this is not guaranteed to happen, it’s more likely for some like me who goes wot daily and tracks the car a lot (10+ AutoX & 5+ HPDE a year). I have a warranty for 100K on the car but Subaru would be happy to void it if anything happened on the track. I can go the route of modding as people have worked out all the kinks, but I don’t know enough about tuning to make sure things stay running well.

This leads me to my question. How well would the SS, hold up to daily driving (14K Miles Annually) and track duties? I love to drive and don’t want to worry about modding, I prefer seat time. The 1LE is setup well for the track, and GM is ok with tracking them. Outside of getting extra wheels and tires for racing it’s pretty well setup for race duties. I also like to drive it no matter what the weather is outside without having to baby it. So I live in the Midwest and get plenty of rain and some snow. I’d get a set of A/S tires (I know snow tires are better in snow, but we don’t get enough of it here) for the winter, but I want to make sure it can still get out of its own way when its wet or snowy out.

I also would like to know is the LT1 a reliable/durable platform that can do 100k mi, daily and track without having problems (understanding that nothing is perfect)? Lastly is the 2SS worth getting for the backup sensors & blind sport monitoring?

TLDR;
1. Is the SS 1LE a good daily, including in the rain and winter?
2. Can it do daily driver and track duties for 60k+ miles reliably?
3. Is the 2SS worth it for blind spot & parking sensors?
RacerX78 is offline   Reply With Quote