View Single Post
Old 02-27-2018, 06:40 PM   #299
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuywithL86 View Post
Are you guys kidding me, alpha chassis is a huge flop.

It’s likely the best chassis ever used on a mass production car, and I was floored the first time I drove one. Forget the camaro sales, the ats and cts are just as incredible, yet they are a complete flop. GM spent over a billion on the alpha chassis development. If GM sells 90k alpha chassis per year, or 270k over 3 years, thats a whopping $4k per car just on the chassis r&d, not even on the materials or production. That has got to be a huge failure and it’s mostly on the cadillac side.
It's not the chassis. It's the fact that GM has no idea what to do with Cadillac. The cars that sell well for Cadillac are not the cars they want to be building. They aren't the wanna be German sporty luxury sedans. It's the Escalade and XTS.

The issue with Camaro is GM played it safe with the styling and ignored all the reviews pointing out how the issue with visibility. They listened to people that already owned Camaros and had adjusted to the sight lines, instead of making the car more user friendly and getting new customers.