View Single Post
Old 02-03-2018, 12:11 PM   #55
RedonBlackRS

Drives: 1LT RS 2.0T 8A HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimReaperSS View Post
Since the LT1 development started in '06, you'd have to think that there have been developments since then to produce more power or better economy, or any combination of both. Of that, we havent seen any of those potential developments yet. By this, I mean in an NA configuration. I'd like to think that in the last 12 years, there has been enough new technology to come out that would benefit this engine. Also, with the change in administration, have any of the emission regulations been "toned down"/"loosened up"? Were there certain regulations that this engine had to meet during development, that either no longer exist or have been altered in a way that will favor the enthusiast side. Could it be possible to have an NA engine in the 600+ (not saying that's what I'm looking for) range in todays world where ot couldn't have a decade ago?
This might be solved by the LT5's dual injection system. It seems like that's another one of these technologies that will extend the life of the ICE by helping power, economy, emissions, keeping the engine cleaner, etc... Lamborghini is using it, Ford is using it, and I'm sure it'll spread out in the next couple years within GM and elsewhere.

It would make sense to add port injection to the LT1 (and LGX and LTG), maybe some intake/exhaust changes and GM will call it an LT2 or something with 485 hp/tq... But as far as a Z/28 is concerned, maybe dual injection would open the door for the cancelled LS7 successor to meet emissions and power standards.
RedonBlackRS is offline   Reply With Quote