View Single Post
Old 12-28-2017, 08:52 AM   #18
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by drfeelgood View Post
you've been checking out my listening room at the house have you? lol

yes, I have been in love with music for over 20 years. Only after becoming an adult with a job could I truly indulge my audio fantasies.

you def do not need to break the bank to get the car cleaner, louder, with more bass. I highly recommend the M650-GM as it not only immediately creates cleaner louder and more bass given the digital output, but it will ensure that you don't have issues with loud door dings and warnings, or lack of them all together, or requiring removal of door mics, etc.

the problem, I have found, with audio, is that the once you develop an ear for listening, an improperly tuned system is like nails on a chalkboard. Every unintended double snare actually makes me physically uncomfortable. It is akin to a director trying to watch a poorly written movie. Even if he tries to simply enjoy it, he can't.

My system in the ZL1 is far from perfect. It is, afterall, a convertible. Impossible to get perfect sound in this setup. Tons of holes everywhere , impossible to seal everything up, so I didn't even try. If you look at the install, I didn't even use dynamat to reduce vibrations on the floorboard of the trunk.

But the CTS-V is as close as I can get to perfection in a vehicle. Tiled CLD on the outer door shells, complete CLD on the inner shell. layers of mass loaded vinyl and closed cell foam. Easily added over 200lbs to the car just to reduce noise and vibrations .
In a previous life I was into higher end audio. My home theater pre-amp is an Adcom and my power amps are Audio Source, all mono-bridged, into Pinnacle speakers and a BIC sub.

Not really high end like Macintosh or B&W or the exotics like MBL, but much better than the crap sold at Best Buy and Walmart.
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote