View Single Post
Old 12-24-2017, 09:01 AM   #80
AROD11889

Drives: 2019 Camaro ZL1 A10 Summit White
Found the source of the noise!
Have same noise vibration issue and is not NPP exhaust noises neither is the rear side speaker or panel, this rattling noise only happens from 1,200RPM-1,500rpm and can be replicated on Neutral while accelerating to these RPMs. The sound is coming from the rear passenger seat, if you put your hand on the seat while reving the car in idle you will feel the vibration as if something below the car is hitting the chassis. Guess what that’s where the Fuel tank is. Got under the car have my buddy(mechanic) hear the noise from underneath the car while I rev it, and hear it coming from the top of the fuel tank. So he removed the screws on the fuel tAnk brackets that hold up the tank while the car is been reved, tank starts to lower, Vibration noise fades away the lower the tank goes away from the chassi of the car. Put the tank back up the rattling noise comes back. It seems GM has identified this as a “Fuel Feed Pipe” that is right in between the tank and the chassis causing noise while car is on and engine is reving to rattle against the chasi. Car is going to the dealer on Tuesday 12/26 with the noise already pin pointed with exact locations tank will have to come off to see the fuel lines must be loose.

My car is a 2017 Camaro SS 1LE with 8k miles on it and noise started about a week ago very subtle, now is extremely noticeable. Will keep you guys posted for the Problem Solved solution.
AROD11889 is offline   Reply With Quote