View Single Post
Old 12-10-2017, 10:10 PM   #11
waterman

Drives: Grandad's C2 L89
Count me in.

Perhaps simply asking Team Camaro for their recommended procedure that will allow us to enable an existing setting and/or condition to reduce bog on launch. Is there anything that we can do behind the wheel to reduce excessive TQ management, that still enables us to put real power down on launch?

It is understandable that Chevy legal is concerned that an inexperienced driver may create a scenario that may potentially damage or compromise the longevity of the powertrain. I personally am a big fan of warranties. I completely understand that there may be concerns about warranty claims that may be a result of insufficient TQ management.

However the ZL1 is a high performance car. Bog on launch seems to negate an aspect of that, and in some cases our ability to compete. Are those of us who are mature, experienced and capable enough to manage the power of this car being restricted by the weakest links in the chain? Perhaps so. I would hope that some middle ground might be found to keep Team Camaro, her legions of performance enthusiasts (both experienced and inexperienced) and GM legal happy.

Is (or has) a flash to modify existing TQ management algorithms being considered to address launch bog? I don't believe that we are looking for Chevy to compromise any trade secrets. Is there anything that we can do to keep the interaction between the ECM, the ELSD and the LT4 from becoming excessively restrictive on launch, while still protecting the integrity of our powertrains and (realistically) in some cases our lives and precious property?

With that said, what Chevrolet, Al and Team Camaro have created in the 6th gen ZL1 on the Alpha platform is nothing shy of spectacular. I am proud, grateful and excited to be part of this community.

Sorry for the rant. Some of my concerns have most likely been posted.