CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   Europe (Continental) (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=305)
-   -   My car no longer starts (Resolved) (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=624892)

lynyrd 04-14-2024 01:36 PM

My car no longer starts (Resolved)

Good morning,

My car having not been running for a while, I put the battery with the charger in for maintenance.
When I want to start it it tells me "put in park" it is in parking mode, it does not start and the meter needles go up and down as if the engine was running!
In addition, I have a warning "Stabilitrak" and "attention power steering drive carefully" I don't know what that means.
If you have an idea.

SS_Don 04-14-2024 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lynyrd (Post 11418420)
Good morning,

My car having not been running for a while, I put the battery with the charger in for maintenance.
When I want to start it it tells me "put in park" it is in parking mode, it does not start and the meter needles go up and down as if the engine was running!
In addition, I have a warning "Stabilitrak" and "attention power steering drive carefully" I don't know what that means.
If you have an idea.

Sounds like the battery isn’t charged all the way or is t holding a charge. If it is the original battery it might be time for a replacement.

You could try disconnecting the battery for 10 minutes. Reconnect and try again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lynyrd 04-14-2024 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SS_Don (Post 11418429)
Sounds like the battery isn’t charged all the way or is t holding a charge. If it is the original battery it might be time for a replacement.

The battery has already been replaced.

Quote:

You could try disconnecting the battery for 10 minutes. Reconnect and try again.

I disconnected the battery, I'll see tomorrow if that changes anything

Deacon Blues 04-14-2024 07:51 PM

One tip I was told on this forum was to put it in service mode before starting for the first time after reinstalling the battery. Full credit to @Gunkk. I had my car in the garage all winter with the battery removed. Last week I reinstalled the battery (had it on a trickle/float charger on my workbench) and followed his instructions to hold the start button with foot off brake/clutch. It went into service mode. Turned it off, then started the car as normal. No electrical gremlins.

My buddy who has a C7 Vette was dealing with stabilitrak issues and eventually tracked it down to a battery that wasn't holding a charge probably. New battery eliminated his issues. Lots of stuff in these newer cars is tied to the batteries.

Hope this helps! Worth a shot, anyway.

SS_Don 04-14-2024 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lynyrd (Post 11418439)
The battery has already been replaced.

When? Doesn’t mean it isn’t bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lynyrd 04-15-2024 02:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SS_Don (Post 11418485)
When? Doesn’t mean it isn’t bad.

the battery was replaced 2 years ago

lynyrd 04-17-2024 05:45 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Looks like the battery is not fully charged or not holding a charge. If it is the original battery, it may be time to replace it.

The battery was changed two years ago
Quote:

You can try disconnecting the battery for 10 minutes. Log back in and try again.

I unplugged it, charged it overnight, it didn't change anything.
She recognizes the keys.
I have warnings:
Photo 1: you are the number 1 driver
Photo 2: necessary action, switch to parking mode (I'm already there)
Photo 3: Stabilitrak service (I don't drive)
You were right, it's the battery that isn't holding a charge. Thanks for your help !