CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   ZL1 Discussions (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=235)
-   -   Not Going to Drive my ZL1 on Trips Any More (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=615557)

Mark R 04-24-2023 10:42 AM

Not Going to Drive my ZL1 on Trips Any More

I took the ZL1 from Albuquerque to Las Vegas last week for my honeymoon with my lovely Chinese wife. 600 miles each way, I put the hammer down, going 95 - 105 (kilometers per hour :smiling1:) on I-40 to Kingman, then up to Vegas.

The interstate in western Arizona was an absolute mess. Broken, cracked, and patched pavement for at least 100 miles. It was so bad, many people drove in the left lane, and I had to pass on the right, risking driving over broken pavement if I wanted to make the pass. (Never mind the dipshits who normally drive in the left lane as a matter of course.) I was dodging potholes and other potentially damaging pavement like it was an obstacle course.

The condition of the highways is a national disgrace and embarrassment. I won't risk my almost irreplaceable car driving over this garbage any more. I'll take the Jeep Grand Cherokee going forward.

All the taxes we pay, and something as simple as keeping the interstates paved and up to standard seems impossible for the idiots in Washington.

Rant Over.... :mad2:

Joshinator99 04-24-2023 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark R (Post 11309272)
I took the ZL1 from Albuquerque to Las Vegas last week for my honeymoon with my lovely Chinese wife. 600 miles each way, I put the hammer down, going 95 - 105 (kilometers per hour :smiling1:) on I-40 to Kingman, then up to Vegas.

The interstate in western Arizona was an absolute mess. Broken, cracked, and patched pavement for at least 100 miles. It was so bad, many people drove in the left lane, and I had to pass on the right, risking driving over broken pavement if I wanted to make the pass. (Never mind the dipshits who normally drive in the left lane as a matter of course.) I was dodging potholes and other potentially damaging pavement like it was an obstacle course.

The condition of the highways is a national disgrace and embarrassment. I won't risk my almost irreplaceable car driving over this garbage any more. I'll take the Jeep Grand Cherokee going forward.

All the taxes we pay, and something as simple as keeping the interstates paved and up to standard seems impossible for the idiots in Washington.

Rant Over.... :mad2:

Same here in Taxachusetts. I won’t drive my Camaro more than 1 hour from my house or you risk rock chips in the paint or a destroyed tire. Absolutely terrible. But don’t worry, illegals get free healthcare and Ukraine gets billions of dollars…

Mark R 04-24-2023 11:19 AM

The roads in New Mexico are pretty good in comparison to Arizona and Nevada. Like you, I'll keep it local.

FRANK121 04-24-2023 12:35 PM

Thanks to fruity Pete all those racist roads will be fixed soon? :bonk:

Mark R 04-24-2023 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FRANK121 (Post 11309327)
Thanks to fruity Pete all those racist roads will be fixed soon? :bonk:

Yup. This is just part and parcel of the decline into the 3rd world by our once-great country.

I'll be expecting rolling blackouts before too much longer.

2023_ZL1-AUTO 04-24-2023 01:38 PM

Here in OHIO we have as many pot holes and we have good pavement ! Just saying I feel the pain! Congrats on getting married !!!!

Mark R 04-24-2023 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2023_ZL1-AUTO (Post 11309348)
Here in OHIO we have as many pot holes and we have good pavement ! Just saying I feel the pain! Congrats on getting married !!!!

Thanks. I used to think NM had some of the worst roads in the country, but I'm starting to feel pretty good about the road quality around here.

Drnick 04-24-2023 03:46 PM

Sorry to hear about your bad roads, fortunately, in Florida
The roads are as smooth as a baby ass, even smoother
Then some NASCAR tracks��!

Akura 04-24-2023 04:51 PM

As we say in Spain… disfruta lo votado.

Here we have the same shit paying monkeys in La Moncloa.

FarmerFran 04-24-2023 04:55 PM

Get arnold schwarzenegger out there.

Greg83 04-24-2023 05:01 PM

I’m not sure the roads in northern Illinois even qualify as roads… Whenever we travel to Michigan with the kids in my wife’s SUV I always wish I had my ZL1! Even Michigan roads are smooth compared to IL.

JTS 04-24-2023 05:07 PM

US93 is to be replaced by I 11 someday , most likely are not going to repave or patch. 2 weeks ago was up in Las Vegas. Took my brother in-law and I in his Motor home, we spent most the trip in the left lane , not to destroy his MH.

Mark R 04-24-2023 05:09 PM

:bow:
Quote:

Originally Posted by JTS (Post 11309437)
US93 is to be replaced by I 11 someday , most likely are not going to repave or patch. 2 weeks ago was up in Las Vegas. Took my brother in-law and I in his Motor home, we spent most the trip in the left lane , not to destroy his MH.

Yup. US 93 is really torn up.

Drnick 04-24-2023 06:01 PM

“Shit paving monkeys”! Damn that’s funny !!