CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   6th gen Camaro Convertible (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=301)
-   -   Right Rear Window Won't Work After *BAD* Jumpstart (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=602157)

JohnPrime 02-07-2022 11:19 PM

Right Rear Window Won't Work After *BAD* Jumpstart

I left my dash cam on, and my battery was so drained I couldn't get the car started with a portable jump starter. So my son offered to give me a jumpstart, and I was hesitant, but agreed.

I warned him to "check the battery" on his car to make sure he connected them correctly, and he said "I know what I'm doing."

WELL... he didn't, and he reversed the polarity (connected the red lead to the ground wire) because his battery has a black sleeve on his positive terminal, which I agree is misleading (and stupid) BUT, I told him to ALWAYS read the damn battery and look for the + and - on it.

Sparks shot up 2 feet from his battery and from my jumpstart post under the hood (battery is in the trunk)

After connecting them correctly, and letting it sit for 10 minutes I was able to get the engine to turn over.

I got the "roll your left window down and up" message, and one for the right window, and they seem fine. BUT, the reader right window does not move. It doesn't respond to the controls at all.

So I checked the two 30a fuses in the trunk for right window 1 and left window 1, and they are fine (Swapped them out just to test, and yes, they are fine)

But I can't find in the online manual anything about the rear window fuses or relay's.

I am really hoping someone can help.

The other 3 windows are fine. I can't really test the top, because I can't lower the right rear window.

L98 Z28 02-08-2022 03:20 PM

Could it be the same fuses as the front windows? Since the left rear still works, you could remove the left front window fuse and see if the left rear still works or not to determine if it's on the same circuit.

GroundhogSS 02-08-2022 03:40 PM

Check to see if the relays are in the trunk. Lots of stuff under the floor pad.

JohnPrime 02-15-2022 03:21 AM

UPDATE: Fixed the problem.

Someone on Reddit suggested disconnecting both battery terminals and leaving the battery disconnected for 5 minutes before reconnecting.

Like magic, all four windows work perfectly now and I was able to take the top down.

Posting this here in case anyone else has this problem in the future.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnPrime (Post 11131326)
I left my dash cam on, and my battery was so drained I couldn't get the car started with a portable jump starter. So my son offered to give me a jumpstart, and I was hesitant, but agreed.

I warned him to "check the battery" on his car to make sure he connected them correctly, and he said "I know what I'm doing."

WELL... he didn't, and he reversed the polarity (connected the red lead to the ground wire) because his battery has a black sleeve on his positive terminal, which I agree is misleading (and stupid) BUT, I told him to ALWAYS read the damn battery and look for the + and - on it.

Sparks shot up 2 feet from his battery and from my jumpstart post under the hood (battery is in the trunk)

After connecting them correctly, and letting it sit for 10 minutes I was able to get the engine to turn over.

I got the "roll your left window down and up" message, and one for the right window, and they seem fine. BUT, the reader right window does not move. It doesn't respond to the controls at all.

So I checked the two 30a fuses in the trunk for right window 1 and left window 1, and they are fine (Swapped them out just to test, and yes, they are fine)

But I can't find in the online manual anything about the rear window fuses or relay's.

I am really hoping someone can help.

The other 3 windows are fine. I can't really test the top, because I can't lower the right rear window.

arpad_m 02-15-2022 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnPrime (Post 11134341)
UPDATE: Fixed the problem.

Someone on Reddit suggested disconnecting both battery terminals and leaving the battery disconnected for 5 minutes before reconnecting.

Like magic, all four windows work perfectly now and I was able to take the top down.

Posting this here in case anyone else has this problem in the future.

Another one solved by the mighty reboot :D

Weege 02-16-2022 05:42 AM

Now it's time to reboot your son, in the butt. :smiling1: