CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   Has anyone else tried this? Quite "shocking" (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=599561)

johnnyride 11-18-2021 10:58 AM

Has anyone else tried this? Quite "shocking"

4 Attachment(s)
Hi all,

Was wondering if anyone else has tried the Mojave (aka Kalahari) interior in their Shock. I thought it would be a welcome change from black. Did I just create a one-of-one (but aftermarket interior of course)?

johnnyride 11-18-2021 10:59 AM

The interior was just installed last week, so it's still "settling" in. And I figured with the door panels off, I might as well install color-matched interior door trim.

Jofu 11-18-2021 11:03 AM

Obviously beauty is in the eye of the beholder :) But that's not a very complementary color combo... I'm a huge fan of Kalahari/beige/tan interiors (I actually have Mohave in my 2015 Impala), but with that exterior color it would have to be a hard pass for me...

Geoff

nprario 11-18-2021 11:09 AM

Not my cup of tea either but it is a bold statement. That's the great thing about our cars. You do it like you want it. Looks like nice quality work.

Jofu 11-18-2021 11:34 AM

Oh, is this actually aftermarket rather than GM parts? How much did that run you for parts and then labor, if you don't mind me asking?

Geoff

BrandanK 11-18-2021 11:51 AM

I absolutely love Shock. I think if my Camaro wasn't my daily driver, then I'd have Shock; I just don't want to stand out too much on my daily commute.

Kalahari isn't my cup of tea either, but I'm pretty sick of the 100% black interior my car has. I'm planning some Blue Alcantara panels in the near future to help break up all of the black.

Glad you are happy with it; I wish there was an easy way for me to swap the black/gray Alcantara seat inserts for Blue on my 1LE Recaro seats.
Enjoy.

M0dnar 11-18-2021 11:54 AM

I'm a huge fan of Shock and wish I was able to find a ZLE in that color. I may even end up wrapping my car a similar color. But that Kalahari just doesn't go with it. Kalahari is one of those interiors that give off the luxury Ferrari/BMW/Lexus vibe and Shock gives off the flashy Lambo vibe.

kropscamaro16 11-18-2021 11:57 AM

hmm yea not a fan sorry

jamala00 11-18-2021 12:04 PM

Sorry, I'm just going to be honest...That does not go good together "in my opinion". But hey, it's your car and if you like it, that's all that matters.

BlackbeastSS2 11-18-2021 12:05 PM

I wonder what red would look like? The red would tie in nicely with the red stripes and red brakes.

Either way it’s your car and nice job.

johnnyride 11-18-2021 12:07 PM

It's aftermarket (Alea), not GM. I found the interior on eBay (someone bought and didn't want it) and only paid $375 for it plus tax. Install was $648, including the seats, door panels and center console lid.

johnnyride 11-18-2021 12:13 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Hey all. I knew many people wouldn't like it, but I like it and that's all that really matters. To me, the car is green, so tan matches. I also like having something very different.

I don't daily drive it, so standing out isn't a concern. I'm also used to driving a Camaro that many purists don't like. I have a third gen with a Contempo wide-body kit that most third-genners just hate, but I've had it for a while and even had one when I was a kid when they first came out in 1986. Last picture is me with my first Contempo in 1988 or 1989.

johnnyride 11-18-2021 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackbeastSS2 (Post 11099292)
I wonder what red would like? The red would tie in nicely with the red stripes and red brakes.

Either way it’s your car and nice job.

Thanks. I actually thought about red, but felt it may be too loud - go figure. Was thinking about just adding the red knee pads on the center console (not on the doors though)

gpskinzhut 11-18-2021 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnnyride (Post 11099299)
Hey all. I knew many people wouldn't like it, but I like it and that's all that really matters. To me, the car is green, so tan matches. I also like having something very different.

I don't daily drive it, so standing out isn't a concern. I'm also used to driving a Camaro that many purists don't like. I have a third gen with a Contempo wide-body kit that most third-genners just hate, but I've had it for a while and even had one when I was a kid when they first came out in 1986. Last picture is me with my first Contempo in 1988 or 1989.

Ahh the good ol Contempo Cantara. Haven't been on TGO in awhile since I sold my IROC, but there was some interesting monstrosities that came out during that span; Carollo, Tojan, and K1 Evoluzione come to mind.