CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Dealers have BALLS. (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=596454)

Staves 08-23-2021 02:03 PM

Dealers have BALLS.

Helping my friend look for a new Kia Forte GT-Line. One dealer had it $3K off with dealer discount/rebate. Other one had $1K rebate only.

BOTH dealers had add-on fees of $1800 (scotch guard, sealant, alarm,....all the garbage that cost them $100). I told them wasn't paying for any of that and they said if you come in, we could discount it...blah, blah. I wouldn't pay a dime for that crap I didn't ask for. My SS had no dealer installed options.

Just can't believe the balls of dealers to put nearly $2K of rip-off fees onto the price and think people won't bark. Are people really just paying for this crap?

clg82 08-23-2021 02:09 PM

I can't blame them, some people actually pay it thinking they have to. When we purchased my wifes grand cherokee it had "low jack" "paint sealant" "GPS finder" blah blah blah, I told them i didn't want any of that so don't charge me for it. They said "we have too it's already installed" finance manager came out, i told him I don't want those options, they took it off the price and we bought the car. Why pay for something you don't want? Makes no sense.

UnknownJinX 08-23-2021 02:34 PM

Given the chip shortage right now, this is really nothing.

Staves 08-23-2021 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnknownJinX (Post 11059222)
Given the chip shortage right now, this is really nothing.

Ummm ok.

STYLO LT1 08-23-2021 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Staves (Post 11059197)
Helping my friend look for a new Kia Forte GT-Line. One dealer had it $3K off with dealer discount/rebate. Other one had $1K rebate only.

BOTH dealers had add-on fees of $1800 (scotch guard, sealant, alarm,....all the garbage that cost them $100). I told them wasn't paying for any of that and they said if you come in, we could discount it...blah, blah. I wouldn't pay a dime for that crap I didn't ask for. My SS had no dealer installed options.

Just can't believe the balls of dealers to put nearly $2K of rip-off fees onto the price and think people won't bark. Are people really just paying for this crap?

BIG ONES AT THAT!!:idiot: They all do it though.

BMR Sales 08-23-2021 03:49 PM

it's done all the time and I would bet that over 90% fall for it!

I special ordered a car once with Cloth seats ( Florida & Leather don't mix ), car came in with Leather. Told I wasn't paying for it, they gave it to me and I made money on the Leather Seats

Eric10905 08-23-2021 04:27 PM

They have a term for it, that i forget. basically dealer profit, to provide a new point to negotiate from. $1800 is pretty light these days, as someone else noted. We were looking for a new suv before the chip shortage. the Kia telluride was (is) really hot - dealers in my area had the same sort of options listed for $5k above list. And had no desire to even talk about discount. i guess some people were paying it....
It's even higher if you try to buy the new gt500, or one of those shelby super snake trucks, lol

clg82 08-23-2021 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric10905 (Post 11059273)
They have a term for it, that i forget. basically dealer profit, to provide a new point to negotiate from. $1800 is pretty light these days, as someone else noted. We were looking for a new suv before the chip shortage. the Kia telluride was (is) really hot - dealers in my area had the same sort of options listed for $5k above list. And had no desire to even talk about discount. i guess some people were paying it....
It's even higher if you try to buy the new gt500, or one of those shelby super snake trucks, lol

:laughabove: Don’t get me started with this….neighbor bought his at 6 figures!!! I bought my ZL1 after him and after a few modifications I’ll be running right there with him and i didn’t pay $30,000 OVER asking because of dealer markups. I’m not a diehard Chevy guy but there is no way I’d pay 6 figures for a mustang unless it was a Ford GT.

gtfoxy 08-23-2021 06:15 PM

Friends don’t help friends buy Kias.

It’s like helping them hook up with the bar fly you know has herpaghonasyphalaids.

2SS Capt 08-23-2021 06:22 PM

That's not as bad as one guy on here who was looking at a 2SS and the dealer had the standard SS Spoiler listed as a $795 option!!! https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=596154

UnknownJinX 08-23-2021 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Staves (Post 11059228)
Ummm ok.

Didn't say I'd stand it, just saying it's really nothing surprising.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gtfoxy (Post 11059324)
Friends don’t help friends buy Kias.

It’s like helping them hook up with the bar fly you know has herpaghonasyphalaids.

The Stinger genuinely isn't that bad. I mean, it really suffers the same problem Camaro SS does when you compare a Camaro SS to some of the German elites: the Camaro has a Chevy badge, not a BMW/Mercedes/Audi/Porsche badge.

That said, I think you could probably get a CT5-V(not Blackwing) for about the same money as a Stinger so...

TenTwo 08-23-2021 07:18 PM

I just sold my Stinger to get into a Camaro. Stingers are awesome sports sedans, but it's no V8

crosive 08-23-2021 07:22 PM

my last visit to a kia dealership, every car had atleast $1400 "adm", and the few stingers they had, had $2800 "adm", on top of $399 for nitrogen in the tires...

sandm 08-23-2021 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Staves (Post 11059197)

we were shopping everywhere for a 'maro back in may. almost every dealer we called in cali had bs add on crap. worst was STG auto group. theirs was the highest price. finally found the car at HB mazda. price was the price. no add on bs. no hard sell for dealer addons. handed them a cashiers check for the advertised price and ONLY add on was $100 doc fee and out the door we went. best experience ever.

we actually paid for part of the deal with cash and it was kinda funny watching him scrounge thru his drawers for the $.38 in change he owed us from the $2100 in cash we gave :)