CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=257)
-   -   Clicking type of tick while driving (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=572308)

Mitch_Ironhide 03-22-2020 07:07 PM

Clicking type of tick while driving

What’s up family,
I bought my dream car- 2019 Camaro 2ss and coming from a Honda I got a lot to pick up on lol engine noises included. My question to you all is when I am on the pedal very lightly I hear a ticking that I can make go faster with the more gas I give the car. My research has led me to believe that it is the DI and fuel pumps, but I’d like to actively be in the dialogue about it. The car is brand new so no way is it a lifted rock or anything bad imo but I just wanna rule out anything being loose. It’s on drivers side btw toward the front. Any feedback is appreciated!

KirkH 03-22-2020 07:54 PM

There are lots of threads on this including mine, which was spun camshaft bearing, and a new motor.

Most people record a video and post it so you can see if any of those sound like yours.

Just search the forum for "ticking."

Lithias 03-22-2020 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mitch_Ironhide (Post 10751078)
What’s up family,
I bought my dream car- 2019 Camaro 2ss and coming from a Honda I got a lot to pick up on lol engine noises included. My question to you all is when I am on the pedal very lightly I hear a ticking that I can make go faster with the more gas I give the car. My research has led me to believe that it is the DI and fuel pumps, but I’d like to actively be in the dialogue about it. The car is brand new so no way is it a lifted rock or anything bad imo but I just wanna rule out anything being loose. It’s on drivers side btw toward the front. Any feedback is appreciated!

What you are hearing is the DI. Dont worry about it. If it's something like a spun camshaft or broken lifter, it would be way more obvious.

Mitch_Ironhide 03-22-2020 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KirkH (Post 10751108)
There are lots of threads on this including mine, which was spun camshaft bearing, and a new motor.

Most people record a video and post it so you can see if any of those sound like yours.

Just search the forum for "ticking."

I’ll give it a look thanks, although the car is brand new I got it wit 30 miles on it so I don’t think those issues should b with mine.

Mitch_Ironhide 03-22-2020 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lithias (Post 10751145)
What you are hearing is the DI. Dont worry about it. If it's something like a spun camshaft or broken lifter, it would be way more obvious.

Yea that’s what I’m leaning toward. Thank u brotha. The ticking I’m talking about u can’t even hear unless music off and windows down and I tell whoever in the car wit me to shut up so I can hear it lol.

gmcvt 03-24-2020 12:23 PM

Listen, I'm fairly fresh out of a Gen. 3 coyote, I dont need to see posts like this. :) J/K
Actually this LT1 has proven much quieter. Hopefully all is well OP.

nancygrl 03-24-2020 12:57 PM

All of my other 6th gen Camaros and current 2019 SS have the same sound along with my 2017 Silverado (which is DI). It's not something I worry about anymore.

Mitch_Ironhide 03-26-2020 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmcvt (Post 10752270)
Listen, I'm fairly fresh out of a Gen. 3 coyote, I dont need to see posts like this. :) J/K
Actually this LT1 has proven much quieter. Hopefully all is well OP.

Haha u made the right switch then💪🏼. Yea at this point I accepted it to b normal, and on first oil change I’ll just run it by them. Love the car tho I am truly blown away.

Mitch_Ironhide 03-26-2020 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nancygrl (Post 10752300)
All of my other 6th gen Camaros and current 2019 SS have the same sound along with my 2017 Silverado (which is DI). It's not something I worry about anymore.

Awesome thanks for the response. Also since u have the 19 mayb u can help me with one more question. Toward the back right behind the engine there is a little bottle thingy with a cap on it. While my engine is running this cap spins and when I try to tighten it, it doesn’t seem that it screws down. U know what I am talking about?

Mitch_Ironhide 03-26-2020 03:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mitch_Ironhide (Post 10753796)
Awesome thanks for the response. Also since u have the 19 mayb u can help me with one more question. Toward the back right behind the engine there is a little bottle thingy with a cap on it. While my engine is running this cap spins and when I try to tighten it, it doesn’t seem that it screws down. U know what I am talking about?

Here is a pic with the area I’m talking about circled

Glen e 03-26-2020 03:55 PM

Loose Wheels have been known to give a clicking sound. it’s probably DI , but check to see that your wheels are torqued @ 140 pounds…

Mitch_Ironhide 03-26-2020 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glen e (Post 10753809)
Loose Wheels have been known to give a clicking sound. it’s probably DI , but check to see that your wheels are torqued @ 140 pounds…

I’ll check that out too. Thank u Glenn!

gmcvt 03-27-2020 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mitch_Ironhide (Post 10753794)
Haha u made the right switch then💪🏼. Yea at this point I accepted it to b normal, and on first oil change I’ll just run it by them. Love the car tho I am truly blown away.

Same here :)

breakskeet 04-07-2020 09:09 PM

Just for kicks, check your spark plug wire for that last cylinder on the drivers side. Make sure it is pushed onto the coil all the way. I had this issue and have helped a few people along the way with this suggestion.