CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   V6 LGX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=233)
-   -   Possible Gen6 Camaro V6 Mods as of Decemeber 2019? (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=566909)

Carter97 12-17-2019 01:53 PM

Possible Gen6 Camaro V6 Mods as of Decemeber 2019?

2 Attachment(s)
I've been trying to do a little research on what all mods can we put on our V6s, mainly looking at possible cams. I have a CAI and exhaust setup. I know about ported intake manifolds, ported throttle bodies, tunes, and superchargers; but what about forged pistons? How do we go about that? I've seen a 2.0 on YouTube with some. My Camaro is my daily driver and I race it every now and then. I'm looking into a supercharger soon, but I'm also trying to see if there are other mods that can be done and where to look for them. And no I won't trade for a V8 even though I would love one, as I'm a working college student on a budget. I also have the ZL1 spoiler and ZL1 1LE bumper conversion for looks and extra airflow.

Rock-It Man 01-02-2020 12:30 PM

Tell us about your tow hook installation!

JakeF_RS 01-02-2020 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carter97 (Post 10681525)
I've been trying to do a little research on what all mods can we put on our V6s, mainly looking at possible cams. I have a CAI and exhaust setup. I know about ported intake manifolds, ported throttle bodies, tunes, and superchargers; but what about forged pistons? How do we go about that? I've seen a 2.0 on YouTube with some. My Camaro is my daily driver and I race it every now and then. I'm looking into a supercharger soon, but I'm also trying to see if there are other mods that can be done and where to look for them. And no I won't trade for a V8 even though I would love one, as I'm a working college student on a budget. I also have the ZL1 spoiler and ZL1 1LE bumper conversion for looks and extra airflow.

Forged pistons would be a complete waste if you weren’t boosting. A supercharger is going to be $4000+ any way you look at it. Not really something I’d suggest for a college student on a budget. Me, and several others, have done SS intakes, there’s also a high stall torque converter if you drive an A8 though Idk if you’d want to put that on your daily. Outside of what you mentioned I’d say suspension upgrades and wheels/tires are going to give you the most performance improvement.

dgriff14 01-02-2020 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JakeF_RS (Post 10691321)
Forged pistons would be a complete waste if you weren’t boosting. A supercharger is going to be $4000+ any way you look at it. Not really something I’d suggest for a college student on a budget. Me, and several others, have done SS intakes, there’s also a high stall torque converter if you drive an A8 though Idk if you’d want to put that on your daily. Outside of what you mentioned I’d say suspension upgrades and wheels/tires are going to give you the most performance improvement.

Agreed. I got the least expensive SC setup and that cost me like $4400 on sale. The SS intake, ported TB and IM, and a tune would be solid. Again, may not be “college student budget friendly”. Cheers!

BowToAGod 01-04-2020 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dgriff14 (Post 10691657)
Agreed. I got the least expensive SC setup and that cost me like $4400 on sale. The SS intake, ported TB and IM, and a tune would be solid. Again, may not be “college student budget friendly”. Cheers!

you go videos of your car?

396ssrat 01-23-2020 11:58 AM

What modifications (upgrades) would be emissions compliant in California?

Carter97 01-23-2020 12:33 PM

I may actually be able to get a Procharger for $3200. I haven't seen anything about forged pistons for the V6 but I have for the I4. I was thinking of maybe getting a larger throttle body or spacer but would have to check fitment for other intake installation mods. I plan on saving money and working on the car over time. I don't wanna do too much to where I can't daily drive it. I'm also working on fixing up a 91 Jaguar XJS and buying an 88 Camaro.

Carter97 01-23-2020 12:34 PM

I got it for the looks. It's a simple installation.