CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   Need help with SS emblem on upholstery (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=564587)

RedMuscle 11-02-2019 03:04 AM

Need help with SS emblem on upholstery

1 Attachment(s)
Hello guys,

So I decided to reupholster my Camaro with red leather interior but now I am missing the OEM SS emblem on the seats. Has anyone tried adding those? I can’t find a part number other than the SS emblem with adhesive backing on eBay and Amazon. Will those work?

Any advice would help

Thanks

Smokin19 11-02-2019 05:26 AM

You could have embroidered that on.

Memphis SS 11-02-2019 05:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smokin19 (Post 10652908)
You could have embroidered that on.

I agree...

OP, The leather is way to lose to be just installed. I would take it to a good shop and let them work on the fit. If the leather is this lose now they will really look bad after a few months of use. I figured you haven’t got to the door cards yet.

RedMuscle 11-02-2019 12:54 PM

Ok I’ll do that. Thank you guys.

The_Dudebozo 11-03-2019 10:45 AM

I couldn’t find any emblems online to swap out on my SS seats. I switched out my SS emblems on the outside to have black inside the letters. I wasn’t sure if they pop off or how they are attached to the leather. Any thoughts?

redcoats1976 11-03-2019 12:50 PM

you know its an SS.you spent money on a custom leather interior.do you really want it to look stock,or does it look better without? just something to think about...wouldnt use adhesive emblems,sooner or later theyll look bad,or come off and leave a glue trace where they were.in the olden days i fitted upholstery on musclecar restorations.you really have to work it it to get all seams straight and seat cover tight.since it was a hobby and not a living and done for people i knew,i took my time and did it right.

ArmanSS 11-03-2019 03:30 PM

I wouldn't have them embroidered on, personally I like the look of the metal/plastic SS emblems that comes with the car. There HAS to be a part number for it.

3.8TransAM 11-03-2019 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Memphis SS (Post 10652911)
I agree...

OP, The leather is way to lose to be just installed. I would take it to a good shop and let them work on the fit. If the leather is this lose now they will really look bad after a few months of use. I figured you haven’t got to the door cards yet.

Eh, put it out in the sun and in a week or so it will be fine(provided u installed it evenyl all around).

Used to do $2k worth of Jaguar seat covers for one seat and they always looked like hell when first installed. Give it a week or two or a couple days parked outside windows up in the sun and it looked like a million bucks.

It was extra fun on XKs when you had to cut them for the seat flip forward lever.

If you get back a leather seat replacement and it is all smooth and clean looking, they used heat on it. Personally I would rather it takes a more natural set, but that's me.

That does depend on the original quality.

RedMuscle 11-17-2019 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3.8TransAM (Post 10653896)
Eh, put it out in the sun and in a week or so it will be fine(provided u installed it evenyl all around).

Used to do $2k worth of Jaguar seat covers for one seat and they always looked like hell when first installed. Give it a week or two or a couple days parked outside windows up in the sun and it looked like a million bucks.

It was extra fun on XKs when you had to cut them for the seat flip forward lever.

If you get back a leather seat replacement and it is all smooth and clean looking, they used heat on it. Personally I would rather it takes a more natural set, but that's me.

That does depend on the original quality.

Yeah that is exactly what I am doing, I took that picture the first day of installing the leather but over time it is looking better and better.

RedMuscle 11-17-2019 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArmanSS (Post 10653734)
I wouldn't have them embroidered on, personally I like the look of the metal/plastic SS emblems that comes with the car. There HAS to be a part number for it.

I know right? it's weird that I can't find the part number for it, I think they come installed on the leather so you can't get them separately, which is kind of disappointing.

Sickstylemob 01-02-2021 06:36 PM

Red muscle, I’m in the same boat looking for those emblems to be added on .I have to agree i like the emblems on it as well, that’s why I’m trying to add a pair.
I bought the car with the leather seats already done, they did a clean job just would like to find a way to add the SS emblems.

Also just wondering do you get really warm and a little sticky in the summer heat with the new leather seats? I do more than in my other car with leather seats . So I’m curious if it has to do with not having any air pockets in the leather like the stock seats to make it breathe better ....

kgf 01-02-2021 07:18 PM

2 Attachment(s)
My emblem came off the drivers seat a few months back. I've been looking for a replacement everywhere. Number on back of emblem is 2777845-1. I've looked on several parts sites.

Attachment 1054641

Attachment 1054642

Petrol Head 01-02-2021 09:44 PM

It doesn’t look like there’s a separate available part from GM for the emblem. There’s nothing shown in the factory schematic breakdown or parts list of the seats. You probably have to buy an entire cover to get the logo and it’s probably press fit at the factory for the cover.

https://www.gmpartsdirect.com/v-2019...eat-components

arpad_m 01-02-2021 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kgf (Post 10929769)
My emblem came off the drivers seat a few months back. I've been looking for a replacement everywhere. Number on back of emblem is 2777845-1. I've looked on several parts sites.

kgf, if you don't mind my asking, how was exactly the emblem attached? Glued, sewed, taped, or...? Is there a backplate behind the seat cover that it clips into perhaps?