CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   50th- She was a goner now insurance wants to repair WOW!!! (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=556284)

teddyca 06-12-2019 09:59 AM

50th- She was a goner now insurance wants to repair WOW!!!

3 Attachment(s)
Can someone PLEASE educate me on how to make the pictures upright. Even if I flip them and post upside down they are still flipped lol. I guess I can smile about that.

I am completely outraged by this. The front driver side was literally crushed by a overloaded dump truck. As you can see in the pictures he nearly hit me head on. Damage is made to both the driver and passenger side of the car. It also looks like there is a slight buckle in the rear passenger quarter which would be a result of a bent structure. I wont lie I have loved every moment of this car but it will never be the same. My plan was to buy back and pull drive train for a project. I hope and pray when they do a tear down they find even more damage which we know they will. I am about to be the worlds pickiest customer on this car. unless it is absolutely perfect I wont accept. That car was ceramic coated and had a clear bra put on just a few weeks prior. Damn it.

Take a look at that first picture. He literally turned into me. I seen it happen and was at a complete stop. The clown rear ended a big rig in front of him then came into my lane. Hell I had to climb out the pass window.

Attachment 991233

Attachment 991234

Attachment 991235

Tyl3r 06-12-2019 10:02 AM

The Total Loss Formula (TLF) in California is:
Cost of Repairs + Salvage Value ≥ Actual Cash Value

Also, tell insurance you will put in a claim for diminished value. This car will be declared a total loss before you know it.

teddyca 06-12-2019 10:16 AM

Tyler, I appreciate that man. Trust me I am going to be pointing out Everything. The bodyshop knows me well and I am going to prepare them big time. I wont lie, if it comes out better which isnt even possible I will be happy. Car literally has 20K on it and as you can see in the pictures she was in great shape. There was Not a flaw.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyl3r (Post 10542645)
The Total Loss Formula (TLF) in California is:
Cost of Repairs + Salvage Value ≥ Actual Cash Value

Also, tell insurance you will put in a claim for diminished value. This car will be declared a total loss before you know it.

LT4Greg 06-12-2019 10:34 AM

Wait until the insurance claims adjuster looks at your car to determine the extent of the damage as to if it can be repaired or not. From the looks of the pics it might be a total but I’m no expert in collision repair. My advice is hang on and wait to see what the insurance company will do and I do understand that you are upset because I had a similar situation with my 2016 SS 6 months after I bought it. It had over $18,000 damage and was repaired but yours is 2 years old now so it might be a different situation. I kept it until the first part of March of this year and used it as a trade in on my used 2017 ZL1. Don’t stress out too much now and good luck!

90503 06-12-2019 10:47 AM

A couple of things...first, you were at a dead stop and the truck perhaps was going pretty slow....just sayin' that may lower the odds of any hidden damage or repairs...and it looks like no airbags went off, which is a big money saver for insurance repair....Good luck, it's a bummer, but if they do fix it, it may not be bad at all....Good luck.

396ssrat 06-12-2019 10:54 AM

I would make certain that in they do repair the car that they do not use offshore parts. The Tow Truck driver is a cockroach.

mlee 06-12-2019 11:19 AM

Pics are fixed...

This really sucks, but doesn't look totaled to me. You have every right to be picky. I would be too. Good luck and sorry this happened.

teddyca 06-12-2019 11:49 AM

Thank you for all the kind words everyone. So the good news is I found out that once repaired I can actually request that the car be sent to the dealer to make sure all the parts are to spec/torque. The body shop offers a lifetime warranty on paint and has always done good to me. I was just worried it will never be the same. You are correct though no airbags went off. With me at a stop and him maybe doing 5-10mph the Camaro was simply a doorstop. I will definitely get all OEM parts (They did it for my 4 year old Maxima when I requested). You know I am going to make sure this is as good as it was before. Hell maybe that Maggie will get installed after all. :)

Azerlazer26 06-12-2019 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teddyca (Post 10542736)
Thank you for all the kind words everyone. So the good news is I found out that once repaired I can actually request that the car be sent to the dealer to make sure all the parts are to spec/torque. The body shop offers a lifetime warranty on paint and has always done good to me. I was just worried it will never be the same. You are correct though no airbags went off. With me at a stop and him maybe doing 5-10mph the Camaro was simply a doorstop. I will definitely get all OEM parts (They did it for my 4 year old Maxima when I requested). You know I am going to make sure this is as good as it was before. Hell maybe that Maggie will get installed after all. :)

Thank god your ok! Honestly here’s my take on this. Your Camaro was a 1-off special edition that will never be made ever again. I say fix it. You’ll forget it even happened within in a couple months. Go get that bad boy fixed up and back on the roads :D

EDIT: If the collision center has to remove the door panel request for new clips/pins. I heard that they are time use part but I could be wrong.

teddyca 06-12-2019 12:23 PM

Wow I am really impressed with all the support. Thank you everyone. After thinking this through I am kind of excited to get it back. I found one on Ebay and even thought of going to ILL for it. I looked for this exact car for 2 years. I was not in need of a commuter as we still have the Maxima but I told myself if I were to ever find a 50th, NF Gray, 2SS, NPP, Active Suspension, Auto, With Sunroof, I was buying it. It was the best commuter ever and I have put about 10K on it since Oct. I drove this car everywhere. Lets see what happens.

PnCRedJwl2SS 06-12-2019 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teddyca (Post 10542772)
Wow I am really impressed with all the support. Thank you everyone. After thinking this through I am kind of excited to get it back. I found one on Ebay and even thought of going to ILL for it. I looked for this exact car for 2 years. I was not in need of a commuter as we still have the Maxima but I told myself if I were to ever find a 50th, NF Gray, 2SS, NPP, Active Suspension, Auto, With Sunroof, I was buying it. It was the best commuter ever and I have put about 10K on it since Oct. I drove this car everywhere. Lets see what happens.

This Is the exact car that I have now. I love it! Definitely feeling your pain. I hope you stick it out and get the car back as good as new!

Rooting for ya!

NYJets12 06-12-2019 12:42 PM

Glad your OK , lucky he didn’t hit you in the door and you could gotten hurt. Cars can be fixed you can’t.

Joshinator99 06-12-2019 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyl3r (Post 10542645)

This. A repaired car will show up on CarFax and will definitely affect the resale value.

WCKD 1LE 06-12-2019 02:29 PM

Make damn sure you state to the insurance company you only want GM parts used.