CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=257)
-   -   PHONE CALLS using Bluetooth not clear (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=454745)

gprox_69 05-31-2016 11:27 PM

PHONE CALLS using Bluetooth not clear

I am just wondering, I am pretty sure it's not the signal of my service carrier. DOes anybody hear experience a problem with making a phone call using the CarPlay/ Bluetooth? I am wondering coz every time I make some calls while driving using the CarPlay, the receiving end is having a hard time to hear me, either my voice is choppy or it is distorted (not clear) to the point that I have to be shouting inside my car, makes it useless to call it wireless calling or hands free calling if your call is not clear. PLease help.

JourneyWithTasha 06-01-2016 12:33 AM

Yes I'm currently having this problem. During my oil change I told them about my Bluetooth issue. Mechanic drove my car and called me. I heard what everyone tells me they hear when I talk to them on the phone. A constant tapping noise. Mechanic said it must be the cellphone because the call was clear while parked. He said it might be the noise cancellation feature on the Iphone. Either way nothing was done.

quikag 06-01-2016 04:42 AM

Fiancé called me from the Camaro on the way home yesterday and the sound was so choppy she had to get off Bluetooth and just talk on the phone itself. Very annoying. Chevrolet needs to fix this issue.

jdasnt3 06-01-2016 06:26 AM

Happens to our Samsung Galaxy phones too. I'll report this issue to our dealer and see if we can urge along a fix.

MiamiBlueCamaro 06-01-2016 06:29 AM

My phone calls are 100% crystal clear!

quikag 06-01-2016 06:30 AM

As a data point, my fiancé has the newest iPhone 6s, so it appears to happen to apple, android and other phones. I.e, it's apparently not the phone.

Chevrolet Customer Svc 06-01-2016 07:44 AM

Hi everyone,

After reviewing this thread, we’re sorry to hear that several of you are experiencing concerns with Bluetooth connectivity in your Camaros, and we apologize for any inconvenience it has caused. If you haven’t already done so, we recommend contacting our Infotainment team (855-478-7767) who can assist with troubleshooting. If the problem persists, please feel free to send us a private message and we would be happy to look into this further on our end.

Best,
Lauren E
Chevrolet Customer Care

Giri 01-18-2017 10:12 PM

It's not your phones. It's the mic which is caused by wind noise. Very VERY common issue.

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showth...=460078&page=4

This is what you're experiencing.

Chevrolet Customer Svc 01-26-2017 03:38 PM

Hi NCSD,

We’re sorry to hear that you have been experiencing this concern with your vehicle. We’d be happy to research this situation further on your behalf as an extra layer of assistance. Please send a private message with your contact information, VIN, current mileage and the involved dealer.

Kindest regards,

Bret B.
GM Customer Care

MANNAXMAN 01-27-2017 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiBlueCamaro (Post 9124934)
My phone calls are 100% crystal clear!

I must be one of the lucky ones like MiamiBlueCamaro. I was talking to my sister the other day via the car's Bluetooth. After reading complaints in this thread and others, I thought to ask her how the call sounded on her end. She said it sounded perfectly fine and that the only reason she knew I was in my car is because I told her beforehand.

SSport16 01-27-2017 09:50 AM

Mine is horrible most of the time, have to bring it in soon to see if they can replace the mic.

SirReptar 02-23-2017 04:56 PM

Same thing is happening to me.

I've had my camaro now for almost a year, and have had the problem since almost day 1. The first dealership I went to, where I bought it, told me "they could not replicate the issue". Mhmm. I ended up taking it to a different dealership for an oil change and a couple other things and told them about it. When I went to pick up the car they told me they had swapped out my mic because it was bad, but unfortunately that did not solve my issue. I took it back a third time to have something fixed, mentioned that it still had not been fixed, and they told me everything sounded fine to them. So long story short not even changing the mic out helped.

ruffryderj 02-23-2017 10:26 PM

mine is horrible to I took mine to the dealership and they tells me nothing wrong and everybody else say they cant hear me it pisses me off I never had thad this problem in my 15 sierra.

Giri 02-24-2017 12:27 AM

Mine is bad again. Attempt number 6. My dealer is speaking with Corporate to get a technician flown out to take a look at it.