CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   Trying to get the best understanding of the NPP/Drive modes. Question (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=445775)

samsumon 03-25-2016 12:56 PM

Trying to get the best understanding of the NPP/Drive modes. Question

Hey guys quick question.

So let me know if I'm right or wrong, and any input needed. And yes, I do read the manual in and out, but just want input!

When you have NPP..

1-If I go to the set up screen and select (mode). Which is where I select the mode using the center dash switch, and I turn the car of in Track... WHAT will the car turn on as?? Defaults to Tour?

2- If I go into the screen and set the car to 100% be on track, period... The car turns on and STAYS in track, correct?

3- If I put so exhaust is controlled by the center button, but steering is always in Tour. Then Steering will STAY in tour and no matte what mode I use from clicking the center dash, it stays theres, right?

4- How come when I turn the car on, and it starts in track, I, after letting it sit for 10 seconds, can click the button and put it in track and hear the valves open? Does the car start in track then just switch to Tour?

Modshack 03-25-2016 02:15 PM

1) Correct
2) Dunno
3) Correct
4) It seems the car starts with the valves open no matter what the setting. As you've noticed, it quiets down to whatever mode you're in (except track which defaults to tour on start-up)

Glen e 03-25-2016 02:16 PM

track will always default to tour when you start back up....no way around this except to pull fuse

samsumon 03-25-2016 04:22 PM

Now, track and Sport are the same Valve wise, the difference is Throttle response and steering if you don't override it.

Correct?

THANKS!

Modshack 03-25-2016 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by samsumon (Post 8991294)
Now, track and Sport are the same Valve wise, the difference is Throttle response and steering if you don't override it.

Correct?

THANKS!

From what I've observed, Yes. Stabilitrack is modified, and of course the shocks if you have The Mag option.

JDP Sales 03-25-2016 04:42 PM

One note: If in stealth mode in the drive mode settings screen, the car will start with the valves closed. Its the only way I get outta the house in the morning without waking my Son. :thumb:

All the best,

Jared Royce

samsumon 03-25-2016 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDP Sales (Post 8991335)
One note: If in stealth mode in the drive mode settings screen, the car will start with the valves closed. Its the only way I get outta the house in the morning without waking my Son. :thumb:

All the best,

Jared Royce

Orrrrrrr......... Your son wakes up with a new alarm clock called open valves now get to school early!

Haha

usmcfiredog 03-25-2016 04:51 PM

LOL

MattDinOC 03-25-2016 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDP Sales (Post 8991335)

Good tip, Jared... This must be a habit that you've had to teach yourself over time. ;) Do you:
  1. set it to stealth mode before turning the engine off every time you park in your garage, or
  2. when you leave in the morning, turn on the electrical system without firing the engine up, select stealth, then fire the engine?

usmcfiredog 03-25-2016 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattDinOC (Post 8991536)
Good tip, Jared... This must be a habit that you've had to teach yourself over time. ;) Do you:
  1. set it to stealth mode before turning the engine off every time you park in your garage, or
  2. when you leave in the morning, turn on the electrical system without firing the engine up, select stealth, then fire the engine?

You can't do option b. because the car has to be running in order to change drive mode settings.

merlin803 03-25-2016 07:35 PM

If there is some trick to getting one of these with NPP to start quietly then I would love to know what it is. I have tried leaving it in Tour before I turn it off in the evening but it still roars to life in the morning, at least initially before it quiets down.

It definitely starts louder than my 2014 w/ NPP did and it had the fused pulled to always stay loud.

webberj1 03-25-2016 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by merlin803 (Post 8991658)
If there is some trick to getting one of these with NPP to start quietly then I would love to know what it is. I have tried leaving it in Tour before I turn it off in the evening but it still roars to life in the morning, at least initially before it quiets down.

It definitely starts louder than my 2014 w/ NPP did and it had the fused pulled to always stay loud.

Settings, Driving Mode, Engine Sound Management, Stealth. If the car is turned off in this setting it starts again in Stealth....quieter start as JDP mentioned above.

merlin803 03-25-2016 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by webberj1 (Post 8991710)
Settings, Driving Mode, Engine Sound Management, Stealth. If the car is turned off in this setting it starts again in Stealth....quieter start as JDP mentioned above.

So, basically turning it off of auto so it does not change when modes are changed.

Not sure I like my neighbors that much, lol. I normally switch it to Track mode as soon as I get a few blocks away and want the sound back up.

At least it's an option though.

Co2SS 03-26-2016 02:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by usmcfiredog (Post 8991627)
You can't do option b. because the car has to be running in order to change drive mode settings.

You can change all drive mode settings with the car NOT on by holding the start button for 5 seconds without stepping in the clutch. Not sure how in an Auto.