CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cosmetic modifications (exterior and interior) (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=229)
-   -   Blacked out bowties or Illuminated front bowtie? (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=416902)

CapeCruisin 07-21-2015 11:51 AM

Blacked out bowties or Illuminated front bowtie?

1 Attachment(s)
Which option will you get?

KMPrenger 07-21-2015 11:55 AM

I'll probably go with blacked out.

But the illuminated could tempt me later on. Just not sure I want more bright lights on the front in addition to the LEDs that already come with the RS stuff.

Someone made a nice illuminated one for the 5th gen that I almost snapped up, but never did.

CapeCruisin 07-21-2015 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KMPrenger (Post 8544994)
I'll probably go with blacked out.

But the illuminated could tempt me later on. Just not sure I want more bright lights on the front in addition to the LEDs that already come with the RS stuff.

Someone made a nice illuminated one for the 5th gen that I almost snapped up, but never did.

Can always order the Illuminated bowtie, black out the back one yourself, and then see if the front bowtie can be rigged to be black illuminated!

Hmm

MemBluff23 07-21-2015 12:08 PM

Blacked out bowtie for me right now. I used to have an illuminated emblem on my previous car and liked it, waiting to see how Chevy illuminated bowtie is.

CapeCruisin 07-21-2015 12:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by MemBluff23 (Post 8545022)
Blacked out bowtie for me right now. I used to have an illuminated emblem on my previous car and liked it, waiting to see how Chevy illuminated bowtie is.

I'm sure once it's seen in may become more popular.

If it looks like this, I'd be intrigued.

LbulletM 07-21-2015 01:58 PM

Has anyone seen a picture of what the light up badge actually is? Do any other GM models have it? I've only ever seen aftermarket.

DanSS24 07-21-2015 02:17 PM

BTW, what are the White Pearl body-side spear decals? :noidea: :help: :sorry:

Camaro_Corvette 07-21-2015 02:39 PM

I'm planning blacked out, but I do want to see the illuminated one before I make a final decision.

Camaro_Corvette 07-21-2015 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanSS24 (Post 8545253)
BTW, what are the White Pearl body-side spear decals? :noidea: :help: :sorry:

I assume they go on the accent bend in the door panel.

DanaM 07-21-2015 02:47 PM

The thing here in Ohio is, we are a FLP state but nobody drives with the front plate displayed. Especially the high end models rolling around here in the suburbs. I really don't want a front plate on my SS. I think I may be buying for Becky in MI. I hope MI is not a FLP state.

xgnxs 07-21-2015 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanaM (Post 8545301)
The thing here in Ohio is, we are a FLP state but nobody drives with the front plate displayed. Especially the high end models rolling around here in the suburbs. I really don't want a front plate on my SS. I think I may be buying for Becky in MI. I hope MI is not a FLP state.

Everyone drives with the front plate displayed in Ohio... Consensus seems to be that if you want to deal with cops pulling you over for not having a front plate, go for it, otherwise, put it on. Different areas / cops have different attitudes about it, obviously.

jaymsu 07-21-2015 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanaM (Post 8545301)

MI doesn't have front license plate.

Why don't you get one of those Show 'n Go license plate bracket?

That way, you don't have to pee your pants every time police is passing by. :biggrin:

I'm not sure if I can post a link here or not. If it's problem, please let me know. I'll just delete the link. You can just google "Show 'n Go"
http://www.corvettemods.com/product....eYgaAgjN8P8HAQ

fradaj 07-21-2015 03:27 PM

If the bowties are LPO you probably will be able to order the parts and do it yourself as well.

rdowty 07-21-2015 04:35 PM

I wish we knew pricing information. I could place my order right now if I just had $$$ to go with the options.