CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   Photos | Videos | Renderings (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=225)
-   -   Customized '16 Camaro | 3D Renderings (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=408788)

KrisHorton 05-17-2015 06:57 PM

Customized '16 Camaro | 3D Renderings

2 Attachment(s)
Hey folks, I haven't posted here in quite a while but thought I would post up a design I'm developing for the '16 Camaro SS.

I'm a 3D artist and car customizer so naturally when a new model comes out I'm instantly thinking of ways to make it look lower, meaner, and a bit cooler than it may look coming off the assembly line.

My first take on the car is a custom widebody version with flared fenders, an aggressive front lip, and a GT car wing. It's my spin on a Liberty Walk style build. This is definitely a controversial style that you'll either really like or completely hate. Love it or hate it, this style is pretty popular right now so I said "why not. I'll do my best to make it look clean."

I'm sure I'll be doing a couple versions of this car and a more tame and clean version as well. For now though, I'd love to hear some feedback. Did I keep this tasteful or is it an abomination? Either way, I hope you enjoy the renderings. :happy0180:

BTW - Chazcron, if you get around to reading this thread - great work on all the speculative renderings, it's been fun seeing them evolve into what was damn close to the real deal. :clap:

Kris Horton

Attachment 717447

Attachment 717448

ilirg 05-17-2015 07:05 PM

Love it, if the z whatever 6 gen looks anything like that it will be amazing.

mako22 05-17-2015 07:07 PM

nice work - would love to see it with black wheels :)

Jshadow 05-17-2015 07:17 PM

Wowwww

CmeltoN91 05-17-2015 07:44 PM

Looks like a hero car on the next Need For Speed game!

KrisHorton 05-17-2015 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CmeltoN91 (Post 8429607)
Looks like a hero car on the next Need For Speed game!

Haha that could be taken either way. Though that's the mood I tried to set with the renderings, so thanks. :)

Glad you guys seem to dig it!

chazcron 05-17-2015 07:58 PM

Very nice, but you didn't just model these yesterday, so I would assume you've either had access to orthos for quite a while or worked from an existing 3D model from a gaming platform. Do tell. I had to do it the hard way. I'm pretty sure you had a non-disclosure agreement till yesterday.

94turbolsx 05-17-2015 08:01 PM

Thats slightly beyond badass. The current trends with the flares look appropriate on this body. Now it just needs a high reving flat plane crank lt1 :D

ALLTRBO 05-17-2015 08:09 PM

I absolutely despise that hideously overdone wide fender look on anything and I always will, but you did a great job rendering it (which isn't surprising from the guy whose decade-old renders still get confused for a legit 6thgen concept. LOL).

Can't wait for more! (In a different style, heh)

KrisHorton 05-17-2015 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chazcron (Post 8429639)
Very nice, but you didn't just model these yesterday, so I would assume you've either had access to orthos for quite a while or worked from an existing 3D model from a gaming platform. Do tell. I had to do it the hard way. I'm pretty sure you had a non-disclosure agreement till yesterday.

While I have modeled entire cars in about a day or two in the past, I did have access to a few different resources that let me get a head start on it and have it ready once things were no longer confidential.

I'm definitely familiar with doing things the hard way. :)

KrisHorton 05-17-2015 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 94turbolsx (Post 8429641)
Thats slightly beyond badass. The current trends with the flares look appropriate on this body. Now it just needs a high reving flat plane crank lt1 :D

I used to do a facepalm whenever I would see these bolt-on fender kits and then I got desensitized to them...and then all of a sudden I realized it's how body kits have evolved. Big replacement bumpers with 20 swoopy vents just aren't cool anymore. Now it's about enhancing the stock look and not reinventing the wheel (or in this case, the styling of the car).

Quote:

Originally Posted by ALLTRBO (Post 8429655)
I absolutely despise that hideously overdone wide fender look on anything and I always will, but you did a great job rendering it (which isn't surprising from the guy whose decade-old renders still get confused for a legit 6thgen concept. LOL).

Can't wait for more! (In a different style, heh)

For sure, there will be more stuff on the way soon. And I still get emails about my Camaro concept from '03, it's ridiculous but I do have it to thank for launching my career.

KaBoom1701 05-17-2015 08:18 PM

This has my attention....

chazcron 05-17-2015 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KrisHorton (Post 8429661)
While I have modeled entire cars in about a day or two in the past, I did have access to a few different resources that let me get a head start on it and have it ready once things were no longer confidential.

I'm definitely familiar with doing things the hard way. :)

I have no doubt. Kudos, BTW on the Hot Wheels line (and all your other work). I saw it on your website. I haven't bought one in years, but found a trading card on the ground with what I presume was your work, picked it up and put it in my center console. It is still there.

I just reread your first post. Thanks for the acknowledgement. I am now 3 for three: 2005 Stang, 2015 Stang, and now the 2016 Camaro. I look forward to the next challenge.

Maybe someday I will learn and adopt a more robust modeling program. :-) What I lack in modeling and rendering finesse, I make up for with my Photoshop experience.

KrisHorton 05-17-2015 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chazcron (Post 8429677)

I just reread your first post. Thanks for the acknowledgement. I am now 3 for three: 2005 Stang, 2015 Stang, and now the 2016 Camaro. I look forward to the next challenge.

No problem, I enjoyed seeing it take shape! What are you using to do the 3D mockups?