Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   CEL P2138 VTC (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=406799)

ǝɔᴉlod 05-03-2015 02:46 AM

CEL P2138 VTC

Today, I was driving with a group on Angeles Crest HWY, so we were beating on the cars quite a bit. Out of nowhere I get CEL, SERVICE STABILITRAC, and reduced engine power. I ran the code and it was p2138 which reads P2138 Throttle / Pedal Position Sensor / Switch D / E Voltage Correlation. i shut off the car and restarted it and it was fine. I have a Vitesse throttle controller and love it, but if it is harming my car, I will unplug it. Does anybody have any ideas/suggestions?

krisprz2010camaross 05-03-2015 03:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ǝɔᴉlod (Post 8398885)
Today, I was driving with a group on Angeles Crest HWY, so we were beating on the cars quite a bit. Out of nowhere I get CEL, SERVICE STABILITRAC, and reduced engine power. I ran the code and it was p2138 which reads P2138 Throttle / Pedal Position Sensor / Switch D / E Voltage Correlation. i shut off the car and restarted it and it was fine. I have a Vitesse throttle controller and love it, but if it is harming my car, I will unplug it. Does anybody have any ideas/suggestions?

Yup it might be the vitesse throttle controller. If you look at my thread this happened to me, and I remember seeing that code on my first controller before I sent it back along with p2101 and p1516. I love the controller but not if it causes this to happen.

camguynj 05-03-2015 05:50 AM

Quote:

Yep, it's the VTC. Simply put the throttle sensor get faster/mixed signals than it expects from the pedal sensor ( especially at higher SP settings and when accelerating fast) so it thinks there's a problem and goes into reduced power mode.

Gee 05-03-2015 06:15 AM

I don't think its worth the risk. Messing with voltages and cancelling current just doesn't seem like a viable way to control your throttle position.

ǝɔᴉlod 05-04-2015 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camguynj (Post 8398908)
Yep, it's the VTC. Simply put the throttle sensor get faster/mixed signals than it expects from the pedal sensor ( especially at higher SP settings and when accelerating fast) so it thinks there's a problem and goes into reduced power mode.

That is what I thought

gajagfan 05-04-2015 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gee (Post 8398915)
I don't think its worth the risk. Messing with voltages and cancelling current just doesn't seem like a viable way to control your throttle position.

Especially with ZERO performance gain.

Ragnar 05-04-2015 12:10 PM

:biggrin::popcorn:

Vertwheal 05-04-2015 12:11 PM

Quote:

I had the same exact problem - deleted the VTC and the problem is gone.

NC_SS 05-04-2015 12:37 PM

Huh, I thought this was mostly a V6 issue. Apparently was wrong.

Stuff like this spreads like wildfire though. So I guess I'll wait it out?

camguynj 05-04-2015 12:40 PM

Quote:

Just curious what SP setting did you have it on when you got the CEL,etc ?

Splitter 05-04-2015 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gee (Post 8398915)

:nod:

ǝɔᴉlod 05-05-2015 02:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camguynj (Post 8400945)
Just curious what SP setting did you have it on when you got the CEL,etc ?

SP9

Chevy_cowboy 05-05-2015 05:12 AM

Did you calibrate it when you installed it?

ǝɔᴉlod 05-05-2015 05:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chevy_cowboy (Post 8402275)
Did you calibrate it when you installed it?

yes