CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   No Idea on Interior yet? (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=397298)

TJ91 02-24-2015 02:16 AM

No Idea on Interior yet?

Have we not seen any hints of the interior yet? I am actually shocked that we have not had any spy shots of the interior yet.

Really curious. Think the new mustang and challenger interior look great. So I really hope the gen6 will as well (I am sure GM will).

Anyone remember the prototype pics of the 5th gen at LAX? ahh the good old times

mt3130 02-24-2015 06:19 AM

We don't even know with certainty what the outside looks like yet, forget about the interior.

High Magnitude 02-24-2015 10:05 AM

Interior is usually stripped down in the mules. Plus it's a lot harder to get a picture of the interior vs exterior.

Thebeezwax 02-24-2015 10:26 AM

Interior is my only desire to see on this new gen Camaro

DenverTaco07 02-24-2015 10:27 AM

I didn't care for the (i don't know what you call them) speed / tach panels in the current, nor the placement of the gauges in front of stick, so I do hope they lay it out better - but it wasn't a major concern.

I'm more interested in how they focus on the technology incorporated inside.

Large Nav screen (8" or 9"?) with available ECU programming
Push Button Start (some don't care for it, but I believe it is a must have these days)
Head Room - If i get one (I keep talking like I will) then I'll likely go without Moon Roof in order to get the space.
Improved HUD
Ensure everything is solid, no rattles.
Maybe some color options inside (red leather?)

Thebeezwax 02-24-2015 11:22 AM

I would imagine that a TFT Display will be used like the new vehicles... I also heard that they Boston Acoustic sounds system is gone and will be replaced my the new Bose system... I'm looking for ventilated seats, dual climate control... no doubt the new MyLink system will be standard on LT and above.

RobWH 02-24-2015 11:59 AM

I'd bet on it very much resembling ATS and V series(where upgrades are concerned). Maybe they'll keep the old school idea, but I doubt it and I honestly thought people were really of this mindset already. They've GOT to make it nice, so I think it will be in line w/ those upper end models.

90503 02-24-2015 12:16 PM

I remember at the '14 Refresh, questions were asked to GM Department heads, etc. about what was done and not done for the Refresh....

As I recall, the execs in charge of interior (for lack of a better phrase) were more or less left out and not given a priority for the '14 refresh...

The big interior up-grades in quality, etc. were going to be a reality and given their turn in the barrel for the 6th Gen....

...So I would expect the new interiors to be very much improved and upgraded somehow...

SuperSound 02-24-2015 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DenverTaco07 (Post 8254491)
I didn't care for the (i don't know what you call them) speed / tach panels in the current, nor the placement of the gauges in front of stick, so I do hope they lay it out better - but it wasn't a major concern.

I'm more interested in how they focus on the technology incorporated inside.

Large Nav screen (8" or 9"?) with available ECU programming
Push Button Start (some don't care for it, but I believe it is a must have these days)
Head Room - If i get one (I keep talking like I will) then I'll likely go without Moon Roof in order to get the space.
Improved HUD
Ensure everything is solid, no rattles.
Maybe some color options inside (red leather?)

Right there with you man. Some of the ones I would like to see is a large LCD in the center cluster, Driver mode selection, auto climate control/dual zone, PDR, and that nice locking storage compartment behind the MyLink screen.

DenverTaco07 02-24-2015 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperSound (Post 8254836)
Right there with you man. Some of the ones I would like to see is a large LCD in the center cluster, Driver mode selection, auto climate control/dual zone, PDR, and that nice locking storage compartment behind the MyLink screen.

Can i get a Wife / Kid mode on the ECU please?

Kid mode (first off he's only two, so no worries yet), but let's say you are a very generous father...LIKE ME, and you let your 18 year old kid drive your ZL1 to Prom. DO you want to give him 650HP...HELL NO!!! Let me dial it down to 325, and govern top speed?

Same for the wife, IN MY case, my wife is a great driver, but she would be extremely nervous driving a ZL1, so maybe i dial it down for her too.

Valet...umm you get 75HP, and top speed of 15MPH.

Is this even possible?

SuperSound 02-24-2015 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DenverTaco07 (Post 8255007)

Kid mode (first off he's only two, so no worries yet), but let's say you are a very generous father...LIKE ME, and you let your 18 year old kid drive your ZL1 to Prom. DO you want to give him 650HP...HELL NO!!! Let me dial it down to 325, and govern top speed?

Same for the wife, IN MY case, my wife is a great driver, but she would be extremely nervous driving a ZL1, so maybe i dial it down for her too.

Is this even possible?

325 for the prom? Hell give him 160 lol.

I had valet program with my apr tune on my Jetta. They advised me it was at least a 50% reduction in power.

DenverTaco07 02-24-2015 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperSound (Post 8255039)
325 for the prom? He'll give him 160 lol.

I had valet program with my apr tune on my Jetta. They advised me it was at least a 50% reduction in power.

325 Still a bunch. I remember back in 94, for Prom I drove a 5.0 stang, and it didn't take much to get the rear end to fly around taking a turn.

yeah...ok, so see, it doesn't sound unreasonable. Not sure how often it would get used, but what a cool gimmick for the sales guys to talk about to get you even more excited about the car.

Oh, and one more add on for technology - the vette's performance data system.

Hockeypucks 02-25-2015 10:44 AM

The interior of this car is what will determine what my next car will be. I am looking at a Mustang GT, Focus RS, or the new Camaro. I love the 5th gen Camaro but I just could never live with the interior. Definitely looking forward to the reveal of this car.

Rwarchol 02-25-2015 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DenverTaco07 (Post 8255007)

Is this even possible?

The Hellcats have different HP selection modes.