CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   Gaming Lounge (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=132)
-   -   For the PS3, nothing is more aggravating ... (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=244294)

Camaro_Corvette 08-15-2012 10:55 PM

For the PS3, nothing is more aggravating ...

Than hitting the stop button on my Blutooth remote midway through a movie when you meant to just pause it.

****! :mad0260::mad0260::mad0260: WHY! :bangdesk:

/rant

LoneStar 08-15-2012 11:03 PM

Will it not start back up where you left off?

Sorry for the dumb question; us poor folk gotta get by on only the standard, wireless controller. :D

Camaro_Corvette 08-15-2012 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneStarCamaro (Post 5449639)
Will it not start back up where you left off?

Sorry for the dumb question; us poor folk gotta get by on only the standard, wireless controller. :D

Nope. At least I haven't seen a way to do it. Takes me back to the PS3 homescreen, restarts the movie, runs me through previews, and to the menu I go. There has got to be a way.

Mindz 08-15-2012 11:35 PM

"Xbox pause..."

LoneStar 08-15-2012 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Camaro_Corvette (Post 5449691)
Nope. At least I haven't seen a way to do it. Takes me back to the PS3 homescreen, restarts the movie, runs me through previews, and to the menu I go. There has got to be a way.

Okay, so apparently newer BluRay disks (BD 2.0, aka Java-authored disks) don't carry the "resume play" feature. So when the movie is stopped, Java has to reload to restart the movie and it starts from the beginning. Resume play works fine on older BluRay formats (pre 2.0) and DVD's. That's a big oversight on the programmers part, IMO.

LoneStar 08-15-2012 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mindz (Post 5449749)
"Xbox pause..."

"Xbox, play BluRay..."

**can not compute** RROD :laugh:

Camaro_Corvette 08-15-2012 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneStarCamaro (Post 5449773)
Okay, so apparently newer BluRay disks (BD 2.0, aka Java-authored disks) don't carry the "resume play" feature. So when the movie is stopped, Java has to reload to restart the movie and it starts from the beginning. Resume play works fine on older BluRay formats (pre 2.0) and DVD's. That's a big oversight on the programmers part, IMO.

Thanks man, I agree. Big oversight.

LoneStar 08-16-2012 02:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Camaro_Corvette (Post 5449789)
Thanks man, I agree. Big oversight.

No problem. I wish my reply was a "fix" instead.

CJ Man 08-16-2012 05:00 PM

No the biggest problem is installing game!!!!!!!!! God damn that's annoying especially when you have to install the game software update before that!

Just got sleeping dogs! Get off early from work dont have any kids for an hour so I pop in the game! By the time I get to play my kids are home! Frustrating!

Remember the good old days where you get a game pop it in and you got to play right then and there? What happened!!!

Sorry just had to vent! Sucks about your movie though!

Camaro_Corvette 08-16-2012 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJ Man (Post 5452970)
No the biggest problem is installing game!!!!!!!!! God damn that's annoying especially when you have to install the game software update before that!

Just got sleeping dogs! Get off early from work dont have any kids for an hour so I pop in the game! By the time I get to play my kids are home! Frustrating!

Remember the good old days where you get a game pop it in and you got to play right then and there? What happened!!!

Sorry just had to vent! Sucks about your movie though!

Disconnect it from your internet. It won't know there is an update. :D Unless it's an online game, then your ****ed...:iono: it does suck

LoneStar 08-16-2012 08:26 PM

I don't even remember how long it took to install Metal Gear Solid 4... But that was a day of gaming down the drain.

Camaro_Corvette 08-17-2012 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneStarCamaro (Post 5453873)
I don't even remember how long it took to install Metal Gear Solid 4... But that was a day of gaming down the drain.

Yeah, that wasn't the only time you installed it either. I think it was every two hours of gameplay I was installing something. :facepalm: Loved the game. But damn.

Rogue Leader 08-17-2012 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Camaro_Corvette (Post 5455744)
Yeah, that wasn't the only time you installed it either. I think it was every two hours of gameplay I was installing something. :facepalm: Loved the game. But damn.

MGS4, was just plain crazy. I mean epic game, but between the installs and the cut scene mid game that was 2 HOURS long. Just crazy

Silverlsinva 08-17-2012 09:14 PM

I remember Mgs4 good oil snake smoking a cig down then of course them warning u about the dangers of smoking lol. I think the first install is 8 or 10 mins. Btw i use my Controller for watching movies. I did hate when they changed the pause button from X to select, i was trying to pause a movie and was like why isnt X working argggh!!.