CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   V6 LGX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=233)
-   -   X pipe or H pipe (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=570258)

SoarinSnek 02-16-2020 05:06 PM

X pipe or H pipe

(Forgive me if my car knowledge is noobish as I'm new to the performance world)

I was researching lots on what exhaust I want and since I use my car for daily driving (and some accels here and there) I think an H pipe would suit me better for more end torque. Researching it says an x pipe is better in performance (if I tend to stay in the high rpm) an H pipe sounds more deeper and a X pipe sounds more raspy. I'm trying to figure out which one to get. Im leaning towards H pipe but videos of the X pipe sounds more nice hitting high speeds. Which one is better guys? (I want to convert my exhaust to a 2.5" but I wouldnt know where to begin with that.

JakeF_RS 02-16-2020 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoarinSnek (Post 10725564)

I was researching lots on what exhaust I want and since I use my car for daily driving (and some accels here and there) I think an H pipe would suit me better for more end torque. Researching it says an x pipe is better in performance (if I tend to stay in the high rpm) an H pipe sounds more deeper and a X pipe sounds more raspy. I'm trying to figure out which one to get. Im leaning towards H pipe but videos of the X pipe sounds more nice hitting high speeds. Which one is better guys? (I want to convert my exhaust to a 2.5" but I wouldnt know where to begin with that.

Exhaust mods don't do much for us because of the way the exhaust manifolds are built into the block. I only know of one person with an h-pipe so I can't really say how they sound vs an x, but the majority of people go with the x. If I remember correctly, parts of our exhaust system are 2.5 and parts are 2.25. If you want to expand it to a full 2.5 system you could cut just after the flanges that come off of the downpipes and go from there.

Spudsmaro 02-16-2020 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoarinSnek (Post 10725564)

MAGNAFLO offers a Resonated XPIPE if you want the performance from the x pipe but no so much the sound (Sound still applied just less).

HPIPES sound great at idle and the rev is a bit deeper i shall i say.

however i have an x pipe and let me just say the x pipe makes the 3.6l v6 camaro scream it the pops are alot more raspy and louder.

if i could start over id most likely go resonated x pipe from magna flow tbh.

SoarinSnek 02-17-2020 02:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spudsmaro (Post 10725772)
MAGNAFLO offers a Resonated XPIPE if you want the performance from the x pipe but no so much the sound (Sound still applied just less).

I've researched the truflow xpipe. Would I still get that louder, raspy exhaust sound? My car is already straight piped.

Spudsmaro 02-18-2020 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoarinSnek (Post 10725788)
I've researched the truflow xpipe. Would I still get that louder, raspy exhaust sound? My car is already straight piped.

resonated x pipe will be same performance with a bit less sound still raspy and still loud.

normal x pipe will be performance louder and raspy.

BOSE ZO 03-04-2020 07:36 PM

I don’t know. I don’t know, a 60 degree V6 fires on alternate sides everytime..... it’s not like a V8 that fires on the same side consecutively at different moments..... personally.... I don’t think any of that stuff matters..... That’s probably why the manufacturers aren’t bothering with manifolds on 60 degree V6’s anymore...

T Rex 08-11-2021 07:34 AM

Anyone have any vids of a build with an h-pipe? There aren’t really any besides one I found on YouTube. Thanks.

HCI2000SS 08-11-2021 08:21 AM

I'd like to hear from someone who has actually done a h-pipe on the LGX Camaro. Historically we know how they sound on other vehicles with certain exhaust setups, but every setup and vehicle are different, and that can obviously create a different overall sound.

KKamaro 03-21-2023 11:09 AM

What size for 2019 3.6L V-6 X-Pipe...2.25" or 2.5"?

BOYD3800SII 03-22-2023 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KKamaro (Post 11295851)
What size for 2019 3.6L V-6 X-Pipe...2.25" or 2.5"?

From the rear converters back to the stock muffler its actually 2.5.

KKamaro 03-23-2023 06:10 AM

Thanks you!