CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   What exhaust to buy? (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=585225)

CHASLT1 11-29-2020 06:51 AM

What exhaust to buy?

I know asking this is like asking what color you guys like. But here it goes anyways.

Looking for a loud exhaust to replace my factory NPP system. I would be fine with a non NPP system and not sure if a non NPP system will just plug and play with my NPP car. I am just looking to replace the exhaust and not the 2nd CAT's.

I was thinking the AWE track may be what i would like. This is for a 2021 LT1 model. I came from a loud and raw modded 2013 C6 with headers and NPP in a box that stayed stuck open all the time. So i am used to LOUD.

I guess Borla also makes a nice exhaust as well.

What would you guys pick?

nancygrl 11-29-2020 07:52 AM

Borla ATAK is their loudest. I'm ok with the stock NPP for the time being.

jb_camaro_2ss 11-29-2020 08:13 AM

I recently swapped out my NPP for the AWE touring catback. I was looking for something deeper, not raspy, and louder than NPP with minimal to no drone. I only used the valves on the NPP for cold starts in the morning. I skipped over the track edition because it is basically a muffler delete, but it sounds decent for a muffler delete.

Despite "touring" in the name, the touring is significantly louder than NPP with the valves open. I did use there link pipes for the 2nd cats though...

Borla S type was my next choice, but I feared it wouldn't be loud enough. Stainless works is nice too.

CHASLT1 11-29-2020 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jb_camaro_2ss (Post 10910465)
I recently swapped out my NPP for the AWE touring catback. I was looking for something deeper, not raspy, and louder than NPP with minimal to no drone. I only used the valves on the NPP for cold starts in the morning. I skipped over the track edition because it is basically a muffler delete, but it sounds decent for a muffler delete.

Despite "touring" in the name, the touring is significantly louder than NPP with the valves open. I did use there link pipes for the 2nd cats though...

Borla S type was my next choice, but I feared it wouldn't be loud enough. Stainless works is nice too.

On the AWE vids it is hard to tell a diff from the Track to touring catback on my speakers. I don't want raspy, but more of a low and deeper sound is what i want.

CHASLT1 11-29-2020 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nancygrl (Post 10910452)
Borla ATAK is their loudest. I'm ok with the stock NPP for the time being.

The stock NPP is much better sounding on my LT1 vs my 2019 C7 with NPP.

supersportss 11-29-2020 09:30 AM

Borla S type sounds amazing. Just my two cents.

CHASLT1 11-29-2020 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by supersportss (Post 10910506)
Borla S type sounds amazing. Just my two cents.

Seems that people like it. I may go that route.

Nitefall17 11-29-2020 09:40 AM

Awe Track or Touring, I have had both.

LT4Greg 11-29-2020 09:48 AM

Hurst/Holley performance have 2 axle back systems that might fit the bill for you and they are made for the dual mode NPP exhaust cars so you can keep your modes functional.

Crushin_LT1 11-29-2020 09:49 AM

I'm in the same boat as you, deciding between Corsa NPP and Borla S-Type. The ATAK doesn't sound up my alley.

LT4Greg 11-29-2020 09:52 AM

Sometimes I think about changing the NPP exhaust on my ZL1 for something louder but I’m getting older and sort of enjoy the sound of the NPP. Of course everyone is different and I understand you want your LT1 louder!

Crushin_LT1 11-29-2020 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LT4Greg (Post 10910520)
Sometimes I think about changing the NPP exhaust on my ZL1 for something louder but I’m getting older and sort of enjoy the sound of the NPP. Of course everyone is different and I understand you want your LT1 louder!

This is my first actual performance car, 2nd camaro. The NPP does sound nice, but the Borla's and Corsa's I've heard on the GT 5.0's sound much nicer than stock 5.0.

I just casually happen to only have friends with S4s, M3s, GTs, or Scat Packs, no one else with a Camaro - well not a modern Camaro at least. So no opportunity to directly compare my exhaust to theirs.

Staves 11-29-2020 10:14 AM

Borla S type here as well. Love it. Any louder would be annoying for me. It’s perfect.

jb_camaro_2ss 11-29-2020 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHASLT1 (Post 10910481)
On the AWE vids it is hard to tell a diff from the Track to touring catback on my speakers. I don't want raspy, but more of a low and deeper sound is what i want.

The vids usually don't do exhaust sounds any justice. It's difficult to hear the true difference in tone and volume.
This is the best stock to touring comparison video I could find. I think the mic picked up the tone pretty good of both stock and AWE. I have the exact same exhaust setup as this guy. https://youtu.be/2krSq7ooEM4

I've heard the track edition in person as well. I think the touring sounds a little deeper and a lot smoother than the track. You will get drone with the track edition.