CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cosmetic Maintenance - Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=252)
-   -   Rear Spoiler End Pieces (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=476942)

WhyUMad1LE 12-13-2016 11:35 AM

Rear Spoiler End Pieces

So my car is sitting without the dealer installed spoiler end pieces that go to the right and left of the trunk. My dealer tells me the car didn't ship with them which I'm finding hard to believe. They are still waiting for the pieces to come in and they say they are on back order??

Anyone know where I can tell them to check? I want to opticoat my car and need these pieces ASAP.

Glen e 12-13-2016 11:38 AM

You can go ahead and opti coat, the tape will stick fine on top of OC.....

SS 1LE 12-13-2016 11:45 AM

The end caps should be in the trunk...they need to be installed during PDI. Only the center section is factory installed...no idea why they come like this, but they do...

Michigan1LTRS 12-13-2016 11:49 AM

I read in a thread it's so they are not damaged in shipment to the dealer.

Eric SS 12-13-2016 11:51 AM

I read in another thread that some are on back order. I believe it was in Sledge's review of the 1LE

GearheadSS 12-13-2016 11:52 AM

They should have been in the trunk in a rectangular cardboard box.

FNxR3DNECK 12-13-2016 11:52 AM

That was the first thing I checked for this morning, mine had both end pieces in the trunk.

Eric SS 12-13-2016 11:55 AM

Looks like it was your post I was referring too. LOL
http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showpo...7&postcount=17

And someone else said theirs were shipped with 2 right sides.

mjk3888 12-13-2016 12:17 PM

You might be waiting for a long time. That hyper blue 1LE that lethal has youtube videos of was missing one of the end pieces. It's still missing in his latest video about 3 weeks later. I would take delivery if everything else is okay and have the dealer contact you when the pieces arrive. No need to not enjoy the car during that time.

bub 12-13-2016 12:59 PM

The damage rationale doesn't exactly hunt with me when you compare these little end pieces to the relatively massive rear wing on the ZL1 and how it overhangs the rear fascia and fenders...seems WAY more susceptible to damage than these little end pieces...

nfboy 12-13-2016 01:15 PM

My experience has been there are lots of times not everything that is LPO ships with the car. I ordered a 2006 HHR in 2005 that did not ship with running boards i ordered. In 2011 i bought a 2012 Equinox off the lot that was missing its carpet floor mats that shipped about a month after i bought. My 2017 Camaro did not ship with the colored door inserts i ordered and they have no idea when i can expect them. The dealer should provide you with a fulfillment form indicating the parts you are owed and, cold comfort i know, you will eventually get the parts.

SS 1LE 12-13-2016 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bub (Post 9453125)
The damage rationale doesn't exactly hunt with me when you compare these little end pieces to the relatively massive rear wing on the ZL1 and how it overhangs the rear fascia and fenders...seems WAY more susceptible to damage than these little end pieces...

Agreed.

Just like why do they install the front splitter that has already been damaged in shipping on a few members cars lol? :lol:

If anything the splitter should be dealer installed and the spoiler end caps should be factory installed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nfboy (Post 9453137)
My experience has been there are lots of times not everything that is LPO ships with the car. I ordered a 2006 HHR in 2005 that did not ship with running boards i ordered. In 2011 i bought a 2012 Equinox off the lot that was missing its carpet floor mats that shipped about a month after i bought. My 2017 Camaro did not ship with the colored door inserts i ordered and they have no idea when i can expect them. The dealer should provide you with a fulfillment form indicating the parts you are owed and, cold comfort i know, you will eventually get the parts.

The spoiler is not LPO though.

Glen e 12-13-2016 01:50 PM

According to the instructions with the spoiler, the end caps are supposed to be glued and also taped on. Requiring you to measure and apply the adhesive. Perhaps that's too tough to do at the plant in terms of alignment or curing of the adhesive, for some reason. The centerpiece is bolted and tape, no adhesive. The ends are just not a stick on piece.
(although the tape holds fine, I didn't use the adhesive).

WhyUMad1LE 12-13-2016 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GearheadSS (Post 9453032)
They should have been in the trunk in a rectangular cardboard box.

Do you have a picture of the box? Is there a label or part number on it?