CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=226)
-   -   What is going on with shipping & delivery ? (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=606189)

manifestzl1 06-02-2022 11:41 PM

What is going on with shipping & delivery ?

I have been waiting on my ZL1 1LE for a year now. Ordered in April of 2021, got allocation in December and reached 3800 status March 18th. Does anyone know what is going on ? This is extremely upsetting.

Camden45 06-02-2022 11:44 PM

Have you not spoken to Chevy chat at all during this time? What about your salesman?

SATINSTEEL1LE 06-02-2022 11:54 PM

What world you been living in? This is a global problem with goods and services across the world. Trucks, railcars and people to load, drive and unload them are in huge shortage. Shite man my local taco bell closes at 8pm every night now because even they cant find enough workers to work the night shift. Shiits cray cray.

manifestzl1 06-03-2022 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Camden45 (Post 11182398)
Have you not spoken to Chevy chat at all during this time? What about your salesman?

Yes, Ive spoken to him. He says GM is having a hard time with shipping and that the ETAs are changing almost daily

manifestzl1 06-03-2022 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SATINSTEEL1LE (Post 11182400)
What world you been living in? This is a global problem with goods and services across the world. Trucks, railcars and people to load, drive and unload them are in huge shortage. Shite man my local taco bell closes at 8pm every night now because even they cant find enough workers to work the night shift. Shiits cray cray.

Lol that may be true, but a car sitting in a lot for months isn't ideal. If there is a shortage they should implement a way that people can come pick their vehicles up if they have already financed and purchased

Chemtrailer 06-03-2022 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by manifestzl1 (Post 11182397)
I have been waiting on my ZL1 1LE for a year now. Ordered in April of 2021, got allocation in December and reached 3800 status March 18th. Does anyone know what is going on ? This is extremely upsetting.

What is the event code now? You may be built, but possibility waiting on constrained parts, ZL1s have the most constraints of the entire Camaro line up. Perhaps your getting the shaft with shipping. Maybe both.

5-6 minute mark + might be of interest to you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8kIlbXu-Bw&t=841s

SS1LEGHOST 06-03-2022 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SATINSTEEL1LE (Post 11182400)

That's no excuse I had a Jeep built and delivered in 2 months while my Camaro sat at railyard for 3. Jeep also had like 4 price increases this year so maybe they're just paying their logistics contractors better?

ckt227 06-03-2022 09:29 AM

I get your frustration. In Feb 2021 I ordered a 21 2SS 1LE. Took over 7 months to arrive in September 0f 2021. Then in Feb 2022 I ordered a 22 ZL1 and it arrived 7 weeks later. Both cars had landed in Southwest Florida at 2 different close by dealerships and both were still showing in New Boston, MI through the Jack Cooper Transport website when they were both already delivered.

rst08tierney 06-03-2022 09:31 AM

If GM wanted to make more money they could double or triple their destination charge and hire an independent trucking company to deliver custom orders right to the customers door step. A porter from the closest dealership could be sent out to do a PDI on the spot. IMO that service alone with be worth $3-5k more. Logistics solved on all custom orders and everyone's happy.

manifestzl1 06-03-2022 02:40 PM

[QUOTE=Chemtrailer;11182405]What is the event code now? You may be built, but possibility waiting on constrained parts, ZL1s have the most constraints of the entire Camaro line up. Perhaps your getting the shaft with shipping. Maybe both.

5-6 minute mark + might be of interest to you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8kIlbXu-Bw&t=841s[/QUOT

I asked there folks on Chevrolet chat and they say my status is 6000, but obviously it has not been delivered. Great video by the way it provided a lot of insight on to what is going on. Thank You

manifestzl1 06-03-2022 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rst08tierney (Post 11182490)
If GM wanted to make more money they could double or triple their destination charge and hire an independent trucking company to deliver custom orders right to the customers door step. A porter from the closest dealership could be sent out to do a PDI on the spot. IMO that service alone with be worth $3-5k more. Logistics solved on all custom orders and everyone's happy.

I agree

manifestzl1 06-03-2022 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ckt227 (Post 11182489)
I get your frustration. In Feb 2021 I ordered a 21 2SS 1LE. Took over 7 months to arrive in September 0f 2021. Then in Feb 2022 I ordered a 22 ZL1 and it arrived 7 weeks later. Both cars had landed in Southwest Florida at 2 different close by dealerships and both were still showing in New Boston, MI through the Jack Cooper Transport website when they were both already delivered.

Wow huge difference. This experience has definitely been a test of patience, but I hope it will all be worth it

Coded4SS 06-03-2022 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rst08tierney (Post 11182490)

so your saying with the 4k increase on cost of the ZL1, plus 5k for shipping (wtf? id rather fly) people would still be interested? a 10k increase and half of that is shipping? Thats the death of the camaro.

Jrschev 06-03-2022 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ckt227 (Post 11182489)

Today my Camaro went to the dreaded "Bayed" 4B00 event code. Last week it was "shipment delayed" ETA 6/22. Now it says ETA is 7/1. I sure hope it doesn't get buried in that railyard in New Boston. I can't believe having a new car sit outside for that long, especially a convertible, can be the best situation. Birds shitting on it and who knows what else... Car was built on May 12th. Just want to have it in my garage, safe and sound with all my Chevy memorabilia...