CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   ZL1 Discussions (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=235)
-   -   Best tuners in the DFW Area (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=599748)

Smetm50 11-24-2021 07:27 AM

Best tuners in the DFW Area

1 Attachment(s)
I have a 2018 ZL1 1LE and want to do some mild mods and need some recommendations on the best dyno tuners in DFW. Will be using the car for track days and street driving so I want a good tune for all throttle positions not just for wide open throttle. Most threads that I have found on this subject are older, so looking for some advice that is more recent.
Thanks, Jim

EDFHOBBIES 11-24-2021 08:27 AM

21st century
ADM
Famous Netflix Star Tiana Webber Accelerated motorsports
LG motorsports
Baily's

In that order... After 1 or 2 I would just go to Houston

Sorian tuning
Peitz Performance Famous Youtube tuner of Amelia Hartford
POWERFAB
BC Raceworks

Sorian and Peitz I would put above them all. You will get detailed info Peitz about how the car is tuned what things he changed and so on a very nice guy and spends a lot of time explaining thing so if your looking for that service use Alex.

I have had experience with all except Bailys and Accelerated Lg screwed my 4th gen up back in 96 but I'm sure that tech isn't there any more. There still in business and never heard anything bad about for a while.

Chose a good tuner but also look at the price you will be constantly upgrading so make sure to ask what retunes cost it will end up saving ya a few 100 in the future.

Readr1 11-24-2021 02:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks for the info Hobbies! Smetm50 we should meet up sometime, I just bought an '18ZLE myself, and was looking for the same info.

Attachment 1085572

Smetm50 11-24-2021 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EDFHOBBIES (Post 11101607)
21st century
ADM
Famous Netflix Star Tiana Webber Accelerated motorsports
LG motorsports
Baily's

In that order... After 1 or 2 I would just go to Houston

Sorian tuning
Peitz Performance Famous Youtube tuner of Amelia Hartford
POWERFAB
BC Raceworks

Sorian and Peitz I would put above them all. You will get detailed info Peitz about how the car is tuned what things he changed and so on a very nice guy and spends a lot of time explaining thing so if your looking for that service use Alex.

I have had experience with all except Bailys and Accelerated Lg screwed my 4th gen up back in 96 but I'm sure that tech isn't there any more. There still in business and never heard anything bad about for a while.

Chose a good tuner but also look at the price you will be constantly upgrading so make sure to ask what retunes cost it will end up saving ya a few 100 in the future.

Thanks for the reply. I will check them out.

Smetm50 11-24-2021 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Readr1 (Post 11101766)
Thanks for the info Hobbies! Smetm50 we should meet up sometime, I just bought an '18ZLE myself, and was looking for the same info.

Attachment 1085572

Sent you a pm

Revalot 11-24-2021 06:20 PM

No LMR ? I see post and videos on YouTube all the time.
EDFHOOBIES I know you know your stuff. Thanks

ZO6Ted 11-24-2021 07:48 PM

What about AMP?

EDFHOBBIES 11-24-2021 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Revalot (Post 11101829)

There ok but I have heard a few bad experiences. Only 1 or 2 recent things but back in the day especially when Jay hammersly worked there a few years back u know the guy you may recall the fight on street Outlaws when they came to Houston and lmr was crying. They were constantly messing up my friends cars. There more affordable shops with better tuners is all.

Revalot 11-24-2021 08:47 PM

Thanks for the response ! I do remember the fight !

mlee 11-24-2021 08:50 PM

Quote:

Hard pass on LMR... especially for tuning. the list provided is a good one in the order it's listed.

It's always nice to have someone close to where you live too.

SoCal Smith 11-24-2021 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smetm50 (Post 11101572)
I have a 2018 ZL1 1LE and want to do some mild mods and need some recommendations on the best dyno tuners in DFW. Will be using the car for track days and street driving so I want a good tune for all throttle positions not just for wide open throttle. Most threads that I have found on this subject are older, so looking for some advice that is more recent.
Thanks, Jim

Accelerated Racing Solutions
https://www.acceleratedracingsolutions.com/

EDFHOBBIES 11-27-2021 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoCal Smith (Post 11101899)
Accelerated Racing Solutions
https://www.acceleratedracingsolutions.com/

just so u know on the complex stuff say DI and Port or mixing aftermarket ecu's the cars make it all the way down to Htown and are tuned by Sorian. In fact they almost all use matt when something can't be tuned (bumbera's Houston house of power, and so on im almost 100 pos. i have seen an Accelerated car there.) He either tunes it or says take your shit apart somethings not right! So who would you want to tune your car I ask?

sr71bb 11-27-2021 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smetm50 (Post 11101572)
Thanks, Jim

AMP has the best tuner in the world for some time now. He has tuned THOUSANDS of cars. They have produced the FASTEST street driven corvettes and camaros in the world. They currently have a ZL1 they built for a customer that is he FASTEST stock blower ZL1 in the world at 8.76 at 162MPH. www.advancedmodernperformance.com

Motor Fast 11-28-2021 07:23 AM

Nice looking ZLE.

Quote:

I was wondering the same thing.