CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cosmetic Maintenance - Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=252)
-   -   How Anal Are You When It Comes To Keeping Your Camaro Clean? (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=596012)

MANNAXMAN 08-11-2021 02:43 PM

How Anal Are You When It Comes To Keeping Your Camaro Clean?

Just curious how anal people are when it comes to washing their 6th Gen Camaros. Do areas like your door jambs, grille, and engine bay get the same attention as the rest of your car? Will you only use plush MF towels in these areas, or will a regular cotton towel be fine?

KirkH 08-11-2021 05:36 PM

You could eat off my door jambs, engine bay and wheel barrels!

kropscamaro16 08-11-2021 05:51 PM

i wash my car every weekend but only sometimes wipe down my door jambs and wheels i only clean the barrells after a good long hot dirty track day but otherwise just worry about the outside of them...engine meh lol maybe touch once a month or so

2SS Capt 08-11-2021 06:43 PM

4,600 miles and 19 months old, pretty much as clean as the day I got it... But it isn't my daily driver...

Ron2ss 08-12-2021 12:34 AM

Mine is 22 months old with just over 7k miles and it is cleaner than the day I brought it home. It is not a daily driver, has never has been in the rain or seen a hose.

BluinSC 08-12-2021 12:52 AM

I dont door jams with ceramic detailer. I haven't found a product yet to do the engine bay. 50100 miles 16 SS daily.

foshjowler 08-12-2021 07:12 AM

I don't really worry about it. While I like a clean car, it doesn't have to be spotless. It usually doesn't get washed unless it's been driven in the rain. About once a year I'll clean both sets of wheels while they're off the car

sandm 08-12-2021 09:37 AM

cleaner than the day we bought it back in may. but like others it's not our daily. if it was it would still be clean but not as...

serper3 08-13-2021 01:28 PM

I do not daily my ZLE and since I live in CA, it is very easy to not drive the car in the rain. This, and keeping it in the garage keeps it pretty clean. Every now and then on early morning drives I get stuck in a light mist/sprinkle and the car will get washed that day. I don't ever wash right before a drive lol.

When i wash my car, once the outside is dried off, I open the doors, trunk, and hood (this is called stretching, I believe) and wipe the jams of all these areas with clean micro fibers. This takes maybe 3-5 min, but it dries the jams so you get a lot less water dripping everywhere, and cleans at the same time. I recently ceramic coated my car and want to get a leaf blower to help with drying and hope this will help with the water running off as well.

I usually do the wheel faces every time I wash the car, and the barrels every other time.

Engine bay stays pretty clean, so it is one of those as needed areas. Maybe 1-2 times a year I will spend 40-45 min cleaning it all by hand.

I usually get the grill pretty good because I don't want bug guts sitting there for long periods of time.

5.M0NSTER 08-13-2021 02:30 PM

I think I washed it about a month ago. I let rain take care of it most of the time. It's a GO car, not a SHOW car.

Rnovrit 08-13-2021 06:05 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I detail the entire undercarriage as well as the paint, engine bay, interior, wheels and wheel wells.

2SS Capt 08-13-2021 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rnovrit (Post 11054536)
I detail the entire undercarriage as well as the paint, engine bay, interior, wheels and wheel wells.

Ok, you win! :bow:

arpad_m 08-13-2021 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rnovrit (Post 11054536)

This is unreal. The underside of your car looks way better than mine brand new.

:respekt:

UnknownJinX 08-13-2021 07:47 PM

I don't do door jambs, as I would think you need to wash them with a bucket and be very careful as you rinse the foam away.

As for engine bay, I just splash car shampoo in there with foam cannon, wipe down a few things like the engine cover, and then rinse while standing some distance away from the car so the water pressure drops a bit and doesn't damage anything.