Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   USA - Great Lakes (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   200+ Camaros meeting for BBOMG (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144999)

nhra stocker 05-03-2011 08:56 AM

200+ Camaros meeting for BBOMG

BBOMG stands for Buyers and Builders Oshawa Meet and Greet. Here is the link to it.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116335

For those going from Illinois what travel route are you taking? Also those that are taking travel route C on the link map from Chicago are you convoying together if so what time are you leaving?

Travel routes
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121190

hp junkie 05-03-2011 07:45 PM

Im in south central wisconsin and I want to join a group out to BBOMG. I plan on leaving on thursday morning early.

nhra stocker 05-03-2011 08:59 PM

Same here, figured on leaving early thrusday morning. Meeting up with another Camaro in Mattoon IL and heading north to find a convoy. I know there has to be a bunch of Chicago Gen 5 guys and gals going, but havent heard anything as far as travel routes or meeting up anywhere from around here.

~Stacy~ 05-03-2011 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hp junkie (Post 3176956)
Im in south central wisconsin and I want to join a group out to BBOMG. I plan on leaving on thursday morning early.

I'm leaving from Wisconsin also but I'm currently stranded nobody wants to cruize with me:mad0259:

Toasty 05-03-2011 09:43 PM

Guys, the Chicago5thGen group is heading out Thursday morning. I am not 100% sure what time, but I believe that we're meeting close to the IL/IN border, and should be going up around and crossing over at Sarnia. Orange5thGen (Steve) is the travel coordinator for our group for BBOMG. We also have a thread on our site, at chicago5thgen.com

Xello 05-03-2011 10:35 PM

hp junkie, Stacy and any other WI Camaro owners going to BBOMG Thursday morning --- I live in Kenosha so if you want to meet up with me on your way down we can travel to the Chicago5thGen meeting point together. It will probably take 1 1/2 to 2 hours to get to the rendevous point from Kenosha depending on morning rush hour traffic. It's not official yet but meet up time in Chicago looks like it will be 8:00am so a Kenosha meet time should probably be 6am-ish. Oh, boy, I'm going to need to go to bed early.

~Stacy~ 05-03-2011 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xello (Post 3177660)
hp junkie, Stacy and any other WI Camaro owners going to BBOMG Thursday morning --- I live in Kenosha so if you want to meet up with me on your way down we can travel to the Chicago5thGen meeting point together. It will probably take 1 1/2 to 2 hours to get to the rendevous point from Kenosha depending on morning rush hour traffic. It's not official yet but meet up time in Chicago looks like it will be 8:00am so a Kenosha meet time should probably be 6am-ish. Oh, boy, I'm going to need to go to bed early.

That means I leave my place around 3am;) I will follow you so I don't get lost ha! I had a bad experience in Chicago this past January ha the x-mas party never happended? Then I fly out to Phoenix for CamaroFest and I didn't get lost till the last day when I left Chase Field to get to the airport:thumbup: I find it funny it was my first time in Phoenix but I never got lost pretty damn good with no GPS unit in a rental Versa:iono:

nhra stocker 05-04-2011 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toasty (Post 3177422)
Guys, the Chicago5thGen group is heading out Thursday morning. I am not 100% sure what time, but I believe that we're meeting close to the IL/IN border, and should be going up around and crossing over at Sarnia. Orange5thGen (Steve) is the travel coordinator for our group for BBOMG. We also have a thread on our site, at chicago5thgen.com

Sounds good! Ill check out the site. If you here of a for sure location or time for meeting up please post it. We will probably come up 57 into the south side of Chicago which takes about 4 hours so we may head up wed night???

Xello 05-04-2011 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Stacy~ (Post 3177678)
That means I leave my place around 3am;)

Ouch! You might want to consider leaving Wednesday night and staying the night either near Kenosha or closer to the C5G meet point near Indiana. Otherwise your probably going to need tons of caffiene.

hp junkie 05-05-2011 08:01 PM

xello, count me in on meeting you on thurday morning.

Xello 05-06-2011 09:57 PM

Great! Dual CGM awesomeness!

I'm thinking we can meet at the Shell station on the East side of Hwy 50 near Woodman's. Then we can fuel up before hitting Illinois. There's a Dunkin Donuts there too in case anyone needs breakfast and/or coffee.

I think we should leave by 6:15am so if you, Stacy and anyone else who wants to drive down to the C5G meet point together can be at the Shell by 6:00am that would be best.

Something to know...We'll be taking the Tri-State Tollway all the way to the meet point. So you'll either need an I-Pass (best scenario) or be prepared to stop at 5 tolls. If paying in the cash lanes, the first toll is $1.50 and the next 4 are $.80 each.

Angelina 05-07-2011 03:42 PM

If I am figuring this right, you guys should be hitting Lansing area around noon. If so, you might pick up some of us from Michigan too.

hp junkie 05-08-2011 07:07 PM

xello. that sounds good to me. be there thursday bright and early.

Xello 05-11-2011 09:51 PM

Bumping this up... Any other WI Camaros wanting to meet up with the Chicago5thGen group Thursday morning let just me know.