Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Where are your throttle body controller located? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=590870)

George-CZ 04-10-2021 12:56 PM

Where are your throttle body controller located?

I'm looking for an ideal location for the TB controller.

I saw several places- the steering column between the gauges, a typical place after controlling the HUD when the car is not equipped with it.
But it can also be a better place.

Will you please show me your location?

Bigdumogre 04-10-2021 04:42 PM

In the box at the store that sells them.

TheFlyingBananaSS 04-10-2021 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigdumogre (Post 10990189)
In the box at the store that sells them.

Right next to the one I sent back lol.

SSJ2 04-10-2021 08:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I put mine at the base of the steering column between the gauges. Easy access

George-CZ 04-11-2021 05:42 AM

Bigdumogre and TheFlyingBananaSS

Thanks, but it's unnecessarily far.
I meant a handy place at hand.

I got a controller in a set with ported throttle body.
The ride is not bad. It's much better and the new tune has also contributed to a better gas response.

But I still want to try the controller what it will do.

George-CZ 04-11-2021 05:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSJ2 (Post 10990262)
I put mine at the base of the steering column between the gauges. Easy access

Thanks, this is one of the starting places I would use.

This and the place on the center console at the gear lever.

Bigdumogre 04-11-2021 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by George-CZ (Post 10990366)
Bigdumogre and TheFlyingBananaSS

Thanks, but it's unnecessarily far.
I meant a handy place at hand.

I got a controller in a set with ported throttle body.
The ride is not bad. It's much better and the new tune has also contributed to a better gas response.

But I still want to try the controller what it will do.

We are just making jokes because 1. Many people have had problems with them and tossing codes or tuning problems and 2. They don’t do anything technically since it’s just a throttle position sensor change which you can do the same by pressing down on gas peddle harder.

I know some people like them and that’s fine. If I had one I would stick it on the side of the center shifter console. Think it would be easy to adjust and not be in the way there. That’s where I placed my switch for my floor led lights.

Tarendor 04-11-2021 08:39 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I had no problems with mine at all, the only reason I am getting rid of it is because with my turbo I don't need it.

Mine is for sale in the other forum.
https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=590099

Here is where I put mine, I put it here because once you set it you don't really need to mess with it much. But you can if you want/need to, and can see it without any trouble but it's not in the way. (Two sided tape held it for over a year with no issues)

0stones0 04-11-2021 09:38 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi George.
There’s an area just to the right of the steering wheel (arrow pointing to it in pic) that works well for a TC. Wires tuck away easy and you don’t see it while driving. Usually, you’re going to set it to what you like and won’t touch it after that anyways.

Wizard1183 04-11-2021 11:15 AM

What’s the point of these? Serious question

InFiD3ViL 04-11-2021 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 0stones0 (Post 10990451)
Hi George.
There’s an area just to the right of the steering wheel (arrow pointing to it in pic) that works well for a TC. Wires tuck away easy and you don’t see it while driving. Usually, you’re going to set it to what you like and won’t touch it after that anyways.

That is exactly where mine is located. Fits perfectly and is out of sight until I want to see it.

SSJ2 04-11-2021 11:52 AM

I set mine there because I adjust mine depending on the conditions. Cold starts in the morning I lower it because I find it’s too much at my final settings when the car is cold. Plus if I ever happen to get caught in the rain it would need to be dialed back. For me it’s more about pedal control and sensitivity than anything. Pushing the pedal harder really has nothing to do with how this thing works. I can fine tune my control of the pedal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KenKat 04-11-2021 12:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by InFiD3ViL (Post 10990514)
That is exactly where mine is located. Fits perfectly and is out of sight until I want to see it.

That is where mine is located also (technically slightly above since I have the Hud controls).

spyderbuddy 04-11-2021 12:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
stuck mine in the glove box