CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tuning / Diagnostics (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=254)
-   -   Tunner shoot out (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=552028)

TC2018SS1LE 04-12-2019 10:56 AM

Tunner shoot out

1 Attachment(s)
Thought some people might find this interesting.
The red line is tuned by a very good tunner and the blue line is tuned by a very good tunner that specializes in the LT1.
He accomplished the gains by pulling timing, leaning out the AFR, and narrowing the injector spary up top.
He did some other things that he explained to me, but I didn't really understand them :_(
He told me the old tune was excellent for someone that hasn't tunned many LT1s.

To me the peak gains are very impressive but the overall curve much more.
Just want to share for those that care.

Thought some people might find this interesting.
The red line is tuned by a very good tunner and the blue line is tuned by a very good tunner that specializes in the LT1.
He accomplished the gains by pulling timing, leaning out the AFR, and narrowing the injector spary up top.
He did some other things that he explained to me, but I didn't really understand them :_(
He told me the old tune was excellent for someone that hasn't tunned many LT1s.

To me the peak gains are very impressive but the overall curve much more.
Just want to share for those that care.

I'm told a stock corvette usually puts form 380-385 on that Dyno.

6spdhyperblue 04-13-2019 05:08 AM

Good data Thanks

Joey Soul 05-19-2019 12:36 PM

Interesting. Injector spray? Hmm maybe i should mess with that

MakCamaro 06-26-2019 04:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TC2018SS1LE (Post 10488538)
He accomplished the gains by pulling timing...

You mean "advancing timing". If he was pulling timing he would cut power.

6spdhyperblue 06-26-2019 05:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MakCamaro (Post 10555072)
You mean "advancing timing". If he was pulling timing he would cut power.

Not always

MakCamaro 06-26-2019 06:06 AM

Of course not always. A tuner can advance timing up to certain point, depending on many parameters. The same goes when pulling timing. But advancing timing is a way to add power.

6spdhyperblue 06-26-2019 07:23 AM

I know you know but others may may not.

I think the first thing ppl that are used to other engines do is jack up the timing if there is no knock even if it doesn’t make more power. I had better results lowering in certain humidity. These resist knock beyond peak power in certain conditions

TJay74 06-26-2019 09:57 AM

Depending on the fuel the vehicle can run, reducing the timing may increase power. GM tuned the 6th gen on 93, so the timing map is pretty aggressive. This can result in knock, especially if you are on 91 octane.

You can pull some timing and it will help keep the knock under control which then keeps the car in the high octane table timing map instead of dropping into the low octane timing table map.