CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   Europe (Continental) (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=305)
-   -   Very sad news: sales stop for Camaro 6 and Corvette C7 in Europe. (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=555802)

Eos 06-05-2019 11:09 AM

Very sad news: sales stop for Camaro 6 and Corvette C7 in Europe.

Chevrolet C7 Corvette and Camaro Fails Emission Regulations, Set To Bid Goodbye

The Chevrolet C7 Corvette and the sixth generation Chevrolet Camaro will soon bid goodbye to its European market as both failed to reach the stricter EU emission regulation standards. Car enthusiasts who wish to buy these popular muscle cars will have until August 2019 to do so.

In the new EU emission regulation standards, cars need to be tested and certified before it will be allow to be sold in the market. General Motors already confirmed that they will not try to certify both Corvette C7 and Camaro resulting to all variants and range of both models to stop production and sales in Europe.

What makes the Corvette C7 and the Camaro popular and iconic is also what sealed their fate. They both use a 6.2-litee small-block pushrod V8 that is one of the most hated engine of the new regulations. To date, around 100 million vehicles using the same engine have been produced worldwide powering everything from pick-up trucks to Le Mans racing cars.

In the case of the Chevrolet Corvette C7 there is no point in trying to certify the model and continue in commercialization, since this generation of the American sports car has stopped being manufactured months ago. Chevrolet surprised us with the presentation of the Chevrolet Corvette C7 Z06 and Grand Sport Final Edition, a limited edition that served as a farewell to European customers, since it was launched exclusively in the country. Chevrolet has already presented the last manufactured unit of the Corvette C7, a black Corvette Z06 that will be auctioned next month at a Barrett-Jackson event.

And although it is yet to be known if the European market will have it, a mid-engine Corvette C8 is already on its way to replace the C7. Its presentation will be in California on July 18 and is expected to be presented with an evolution of the current atmospheric push-rod type LT1 V8 although with a power around 500 horses. Further new mechanical options are expected and is even possible to have a hybrid variant with a combined total power over 1,000 HP.

The case of the Chevrolet Camaro is very different and is a shock for some since only a few months ago ,it presented the first major update of this generation, the new Camaro 2019 and a new front for the Camaro SS 2020 version. However, the lack of sale and interest in Europe prompts General Motors to not certify the vehicle anymore.

The last batch of sixth-generation Chevrolet Camaro and the Chevrolet C7 Corvette in Europe are being sold through GM dealer Ian Allen Motors, located about an hour outside of London. The Chairman of the company said they are thrilled to welcome car enthusiast who are hoping to buy these muscle cars and encourage buyers to own a piece of history through it.

Source:
https://en.businesstimes.cn/articles...id-goodbye.htm
and other local websites

arpad_m 06-05-2019 04:16 PM

:facepalm: Sad to see my decision to leave the EU vindicated yet another way...

We may very well own the "last hurrah" generation of great muscle cars. I know Teslas and its kindred are faster and now more numerous every day, but they have zero appeal to me, I don't want to "'drive" a remote controlled appliance on wheels.

zirad54 06-05-2019 05:35 PM

Why is this bad news? it is just going to drive up the price of our pre-owned cars to be exported there as I believe this restriction only applies to new purchases. I think it's great!

hammdo 06-05-2019 05:56 PM

No more European styling to worry about either...

It is what it is...

American Muscle... Get it while you can...

-Don

MakCamaro 06-13-2019 02:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zirad54 (Post 10537011)
Why is this bad news? it is just going to drive up the price of our pre-owned cars to be exported there as I believe this restriction only applies to new purchases. I think it's great!

I totally agree! I am glad to own one of the few Camaros in the UK (and in Europe in general). This makes it a unique car and one of the last few American muscle cars in Europe :headbang: