CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   My 1LE and I had a Bad Morning! (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=614667)

ZPirate 03-25-2023 11:26 AM

My 1LE and I had a Bad Morning!

3 Attachment(s)
My 1LE and I had a bad morning. While out running errands we got hit by a lady pulling out of a parking lot. I didn't see her until the impact and she obviously didn't see me. Apparently she was trying to pull in my lane of traffic. I was probably going less than 15 mph as I was coming up on a red light. Some shrubbery near the drive may have also partially obstructed her view since the Camaro is so low. Regardless I'm sick about it.

Attachment 1123521

ZPirate 03-25-2023 11:28 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Her car amazingly looks worse than mine. But she may likely only need a new bumper cover. I'm going to need a new front fender and possibly a new front bumper cover and wheel. It's just so frustrating.

Attachment 1123523

jamala00 03-25-2023 11:30 AM

Oh man.... :mad: I would be sick about it too. Just gauging from the pics it doesn't look too bad. Front panel, clip, new wheel.

So sorry to see this...! Sucks big time.

Geese1 03-25-2023 11:48 AM

Man, sorry this happened to you. Is North Carolina a "no-fault" state, or does this have to go through the whole rigmarole? I've only ever lived in no-fault states, so I don't know if the other option is better or worse, but I figure it will be a hassle regardless.

Here's to hoping your car gets fixed correctly, the first time, and in a timely manner!

frankcam6 03-25-2023 11:53 AM

Ouch I feel your pain. Big hassle and hurts to have your pride and joy damaged. Thankfully nobody hurt and it get repaired correctly and soon…..

ALMN 03-25-2023 12:00 PM

You would expect a luxury suv like a Volvo xc90 to have front parking sensors with emergency automatic braking!

Realist 03-25-2023 12:05 PM

So sorry to see. A car is never the same in my heart when it’s had damage like that. I would rather hers as it appears fender and hood are ok so it’s only the nose, where as you will need fender and nose. Non-metallic color will probably be easier to match. Push for deminished value if you can, also pain and suffering from seeing your baby hurt ;). Good luck with the repairs!!

ZPirate 03-25-2023 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geese1 (Post 11298023)
Man, sorry this happened to you. Is North Carolina a "no-fault" state, or does this have to go through the whole rigmarole? I've only ever lived in no-fault states, so I don't know if the other option is better or worse, but I figure it will be a hassle regardless.

Here's to hoping your car gets fixed correctly, the first time, and in a timely manner!

Thanks. No, NC is a fault state. Thankfully she got a ticket. The accident report isn't available yet, but it should show she is at fault. Hopefully her insurance company want be too hard to deal with. It's Allstate.

ZPirate 03-25-2023 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamala00 (Post 11298014)
Oh man.... :mad: I would be sick about it too. Just gauging from the pics it doesn't look too bad. Front panel, clip, new wheel.

So sorry to see this...! Sucks big time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankcam6 (Post 11298025)
Ouch I feel your pain. Big hassle and hurts to have your pride and joy damaged. Thankfully nobody hurt and it get repaired correctly and soon…..

Quote:

Originally Posted by Realist (Post 11298029)
So sorry to see. A car is never the same in my heart when it’s had damage like that. I would rather hers as it appears fender and hood are ok so it’s only the nose, where as you will need nose. Non-metallic color will probably be easier to match. Push for deminished value if you can, also pain and suffering from seeing your baby hurt ;). Good luck with the repairs!!

Thanks guys. I'm worried about it not being the same. And about the repairs. Thankfully I know a good body shop. Just don't have any idea how available the parts are or how long it will take to get an appointment to have the work done.

LeonardS 03-25-2023 12:19 PM

That really sucks! Sorry that happened to your beautiful car.

SS_Don 03-25-2023 12:43 PM

Ouch!

As long as it's only the panels and wheel that are damaged it should be fairly easy to fix.

arpad_m 03-25-2023 12:46 PM

A very sad sight, I'm so sorry this happened to you :cry: Hope Allstate makes it easy for you (they sure did when I stupidly wrecked my 2018) and you'll have the car back on the road soon.

Make sure the front suspension is thoroughly checked and repaired if necessary, looks like she also hit the wheel slightly from the side, so control arms or the tie rod could be impacted.

Realist 03-25-2023 12:53 PM

Maybe push for an alignment to be included in quote. I’m gonna need something too for my pain and suffering from just seeing the damage to your 1LE.

jamala00 03-25-2023 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arpad_m (Post 11298040)
A very sad sight, I'm so sorry this happened to you :cry: Hope Allstate makes it easy for you (they sure did when I stupidly wrecked my 2018) and you'll have the car back on the road soon.

Make sure the front suspension is thoroughly checked and repaired if necessary, looks like she also hit the wheel slightly from the side, so control arms or the tie rod could be impacted.

They did when I needed some insurance work done. They were so simple to work with.