CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=226)
-   -   How To Find A Dealer With Allocation? (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=609698)

demonspeed 09-22-2022 01:15 PM

How To Find A Dealer With Allocation?

I've read through searches and whatnot, but where are we at today in the current environment? I am trying to sell my 2013 1LE and I would like to place an order for a new one. I had been holding out for the final year, but it seems there's so much uncertainty with it being 23 or 24 that I figure I should just get in line now (not to mention I don't imagine there being anything special coming especially with as MIA GM has been during this Challenger/Mustang celebration).

I am north of Pittsburgh, and the small town dealer I wanted to order from did not expect to get any allocations for a SS 1LE. So here I am wondering what you experts advise me to do. I'd ultimately like to have it show up April/May-ish, but I have a feeling I need to take what I can get when I can. Thanks for any help!

Help sell my 2013 as well :smiling1:

22SS1LE 09-22-2022 01:21 PM

I bought my car at Bortz chevrolet in waynesburg about a month ago.
I didnt even order it, it was already coming in as a regular stock. So maybe since they got that from GM they might have more allocations.
I had great experience. No markup and I even got the $500 healthcare discount so actually got hair below MSRP.

demonspeed 09-22-2022 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 22SS1LE (Post 11232740)
I bought my car at Bortz chevrolet in waynesburg about a month ago.
I didnt even order it, it was already coming in as a regular stock. So maybe since they got that from GM they might have more allocations.
I had great experience. No markup and I even got the $500 healthcare discount so actually got hair below MSRP.

Cool, thanks for the suggestion. How did you find it? Just calling around dealers trying to order and they said they had one coming in or?

22SS1LE 09-22-2022 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonspeed (Post 11232803)
Cool, thanks for the suggestion. How did you find it? Just calling around dealers trying to order and they said they had one coming in or?

i found them from the chevy build page showing local inventory at dealers and stuff in transit.
Called and lucky no one called dibs on it and it was mine when it arrived.

Geese1 09-22-2022 04:23 PM

I purchased my car from Hallman Chevrolet in Erie, PA when my local dealership never got an allocation. When I called Hallman originally, they didn't have any allocations, but my salesman called me a few months later to let me know they were getting a couple and to see if I was still interested.

They were great to deal with, and they don't have any markups or add-ons. Paid MSRP and the transaction was smooth and painless. That said, the last time I spoke to my salesman (a couple of weeks ago), he wasn't sure if they'd be getting any more Camaro allocations this year. Still might be worth calling him up however, as he made sure to follow up with me when they did get some, and they had at least one other Camaro come in during the time I was waiting on mine.

PM me if you want my salesman's contact info.

brushmore 09-23-2022 09:19 AM

Did you try Jim Shorky? Just an FYI, 1LE's are constraint so no one can place an order for them until next month.

demonspeed 09-23-2022 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brushmore (Post 11233126)
Did you try Jim Shorky? Just an FYI, 1LE's are constraint so no one can place an order for them until next month.

I haven’t called anyone else yet. I need to start following the constraint thread I guess. Thanks for the heads-up.