CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   NPP open on startup? (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=579256)

turbo2ltr 07-26-2020 09:06 PM

NPP open on startup?

I know asking this will be sacrilege but I like and respect my neighbors.

I have stock everything and it seems the startup is with the NPP open even if it's in the quieter modes. Is there a way to not make the thing abnormally loud on startup? A few seconds later it's quiet so why does the startup have to be so loud even in the quiet modes?

Jaxcam02 07-26-2020 09:16 PM

Yea it seems to be open on startup regardless if you turn the accessories on before startup.

delthawk5 07-26-2020 09:50 PM

Try putting it in stealth mode via the vehicle settings in the infotainment. See if it holds. I’ve never tried and always drive in track exhaust mode with comfort steering. Lol.

ChevyRules 07-26-2020 10:17 PM

Stealth mode will be the only mode that will keep the valves closed during start up. Others will have them open.

GroundhogSS 07-26-2020 10:27 PM

From what I have heard before, you have to set it every time you start the car. It doesn't remember when you power it off.

Go into accessory mode by pushing the start button without your foot on the break. Then set the mode to stealth and start the car.
Mine is a 2017 so it may be different in later models.

s346k 07-26-2020 10:52 PM

i would swap neighbors before i swapped exhaust

arpad_m 07-26-2020 11:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by turbo2ltr (Post 10836460)
I know asking this will be sacrilege but I like and respect my neighbors.

I have stock everything and it seems the startup is with the NPP open even if it's in the quieter modes. Is there a way to not make the thing abnormally loud on startup? A few seconds later it's quiet so why does the startup have to be so loud even in the quiet modes?

The reason, as far as I know, is to warm the cats quickly enough to meet stricter recent cold start emission requirements. Your only "official" option, as people advised above, is to enter accessory mode and set the exhaust to stealth mode before you start the car, and even then it won't be quiet, as in, Accord or Camry quiet (which is a good, no, GREAT thing IMO).

Now, as an interesting thought experiment, I do see an option in the tune that allows defaulting the valve state to closed. Has anyone tried this by any chance?

Booher 07-27-2020 05:56 AM

If you have the car in stealth mode when you shut the car off, it will remain in stealth mode upon startup, and stay in stealth mode untill you manualy change it in the settings.

turbo2ltr 07-27-2020 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arpad_m (Post 10836515)
I do see an option in the tune that allows defaulting the valve state to closed.

Forgive my ignorance, what software is this?

VinnAY 07-27-2020 07:45 AM

Stealth is still loud enough to be bothersome it's quiet a difference but it's still got a loud bark.

Puddin 07-27-2020 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turbo2ltr (Post 10836576)

Looks like he's using hp tuners.

arpad_m 07-27-2020 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turbo2ltr (Post 10836576)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puddin (Post 10836611)
Looks like he's using hp tuners.

Yes, it's HP Tuners.

bjbonentte 07-27-2020 02:39 PM

Here is what I do. No matter what mode you park the car in you can do this and it works.

Get in car, hold down start button only, do not push brake and clutch. You will have to hold down the button for 5-6 seconds and the car will go into accessory mode. Everything will be alive like if the car was running. Now put the car into snow/winter mode using the selector. You will hear the valves close. Now brake, clutch and push the start button again. Car will start in stealth mode without having to actually go into menu and select stealth. Once you leave the neighborhood you click it back into sport or track and good to go.

squish72 07-27-2020 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arpad_m (Post 10836515)
The reason, as far as I know, is to warm the cats quickly enough to meet stricter recent cold start emission requirements. Your only "official" option, as people advised above, is to enter accessory mode and set the exhaust to stealth mode before you start the car, and even then it won't be quiet, as in, Accord or Camry quiet (which is a good, no, GREAT thing IMO).

Now, as an interesting thought experiment, I do see an option in the tune that allows defaulting the valve state to closed. Has anyone tried this by any chance?

Actually to only change the startup sound for the different modes its under exhaust rumble enable