Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Suspension / Brakes / Chassis (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   1.25 lowering springs (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=371992)

JKO 08-05-2014 02:50 PM

1.25 lowering springs

Are there any ground clearence issues with the 1.25 springs i will be putting long tube headers in a few mths and wondering i can pick up a set for a good price but worried about it.

BMR Sales 08-05-2014 03:45 PM

Ground clearance issues can occur with any lowering spring, it all depends on the condition of the roads in your area. Speed bumps, pot holes, and/or agressive inclines can wreak havoc on any lowered car. Obviously, the lower your car is the more risky it is. As far as header clearance, some brands stick down lower than others, so it is hard to say what your chances are. But I would say, in general, very few people have issues with header-to-ground clearance.

BTW....we just released a new 1.25" spring for the 5th Gen V-8 Camaro (SP077)....and it is less expensive than all of our other springs!!! Just throwing that option out there!!!

JKO 08-05-2014 04:08 PM

Aa
Quote:

Originally Posted by BMR Sales (Post 7869673)
Ground clearance issues can occur with any lowering spring, it all depends on the condition of the roads in your area. Speed bumps, pot holes, and/or agressive inclines can wreak havoc on any lowered car. Obviously, the lower your car is the more risky it is. As far as header clearance, some brands stick down lower than others, so it is hard to say what your chances are. But I would say, in general, very few people have issues with header-to-ground clearance.

BTW....we just released a new 1.25" spring for the 5th Gen V-8 Camaro (SP077)....and it is less expensive than all of our otr springs!!! Just throwing that option out there!!!

Thanks i will check them out.

JDP Sales 08-05-2014 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BMR Sales (Post 7869673)

BTW....we just released a new 1.25" spring for the 5th Gen V-8 Camaro (SP077)....and it is less expensive than all of our other springs!!! Just throwing that option out there!!!

Well said, Keith. Looking forward to trying out a set of those new 1.25"ers!

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007

Scotty D 08-08-2014 03:19 PM

Is there a strut and rear shock that's worth replacing if I use your 1.25 drop springs on my 14 1le??

camarosspower 08-08-2014 03:23 PM

I have only hit my kooks lt headers when I was crossing over to mexico on the border. Boy are those speed bumps huge or what? Like 5" high. I have BMR 1" lowering springs

BMR Sales 08-08-2014 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scotty D (Post 7877444)
Is there a strut and rear shock that's worth replacing if I use your 1.25 drop springs on my 14 1le??

Absolutely!!! Koni STR.T's (non-adjustable "orange"). They're on sale right now through the end of August for 25% off. Yes, the price listed on our website is the sale price. I believe we have the front struts in stock, but the rear shocks are back-ordered from Koni until late August (or more likely early Sept).

Redwidow 08-08-2014 05:57 PM

I have a1le and am looking to purchase lowering springs. I like to autocross and would like to do some road track days. Would the bmr 1.25 work for me? Also what do the different spring rates do to the ride?

JDP Sales 08-08-2014 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redwidow (Post 7877752)
I have a1le and am looking to purchase lowering springs. I like to autocross and would like to do some road track days. Would the bmr 1.25 work for me? Also what do the different spring rates do to the ride?

1-1.25" is just right for handling. You'll notice a firmer, sportier ride with less body roll.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007