CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=226)
-   -   Satin Steel last day to order (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=603935)

BundiMan 03-31-2022 12:39 PM

Satin Steel last day to order

Just a reminder

Final dealer allocation week for Satin Steel is 3/31/22

Thanks for the info GearheadSS

GearheadSS 03-31-2022 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BundiMan (Post 11154371)
Just a reminder

Final dealer allocation week for Satin Steel is 3/31/22

Thanks for the info GearheadSS

Actually, Satin Steel has now been built out completely. No availability this week.

Philar299 03-31-2022 02:29 PM

Hopefully the color is replaced with something similar!

paradigm 04-07-2022 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GearheadSS (Post 11154386)
Actually, Satin Steel has now been built out completely. No availability this week.

Does that mean that if my Satin Steel 1LE that I had on order since 12/10/2021 hasn't been built yet, it won't ever be built?

Replica 04-07-2022 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paradigm (Post 11157713)
Does that mean that if my Satin Steel 1LE that I had on order since 12/10/2021 hasn't been built yet, it won't ever be built?

Unfortunately yes it does.

arpad_m 04-07-2022 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Replica (Post 11157723)
Unfortunately yes it does.

Way to instantly alienate new Camaro buyers that were willing to put in an order and put up with the unpredictable wait times...
:bs:

BluePhoenix 04-08-2022 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arpad_m (Post 11157754)
Way to instantly alienate new Camaro buyers that were willing to put in an order and put up with the unpredictable wait times...
:bs:

Is the guy wrong?? If you ordered Satin Steel or Wild Cherry and you’re not past 1100 by the color order date I don’t know that they’ll pick that color up for that car. I remember a couple of years ago seeing threads about Rally Green order cut off date and whether orders already would get picked up or not. If you have a dealer without an allocation it’s probably irrelevant in the next week or two when 22 MY order acceptance ends.

BundiMan 04-08-2022 12:06 PM

If you order was not past 2000 when those cutoff dates past your order will never move forward now

arpad_m 04-08-2022 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BluePhoenix (Post 11157974)
Is the guy wrong?? If you ordered Satin Steel or Wild Cherry and you’re not past 1100 by the color order date I don’t know that they’ll pick that color up for that car. I remember a couple of years ago seeing threads about Rally Green order cut off date and whether orders already would get picked up or not. If you have a dealer without an allocation it’s probably irrelevant in the next week or two when 22 MY order acceptance ends.

You're looking at it from the manufacturer's perspective, while I'm adopting the customer's. Sure, gm made no commitment to build the car if the order never made past 1100, I understand that, but the reason it didn't was the manufacturer's quirky ordering system itself in the first place.

Simply put, here is a customer who wanted a Camaro and was willing to pay the price the dealer wanted for it. Now gm are saying screw you, we didn't accept your order and now you can no longer order your chosen paint color.

Is this company really in such a lofty position? This may fly from Koenigsegg or Bugatti, but it's a bit presumptuous coming from General Motors... how about saying "no more orders with options x, y and z, but orders already in the system we will produce, regardless of status, because our customers are actually important to us"?

If I were the OP, I sure wouldn't buy a truck or SUV, electric or ICE, from this company after such a move, so the "Camaro is a low sales volume vehicle" argument doesn't fully apply either.

CheeseHeadNinja 04-08-2022 02:25 PM

I had to change my Satin Steel order to a different color because when my dealer finally got my allocation, Satin Steel was on constraint.

I happily changed the color because no way in hell I'm waiting an unknown number of additional weeks just because of the color.

Like others have said, if your Satin Steel order isn't accepted yet, you need to change it to another color or it will never be built now. If your dealership is any good, they'll tell you this so you can change it.

s2mikey 04-10-2022 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arpad_m (Post 11158060)
You're looking at it from the manufacturer's perspective, while I'm adopting the customer's. Sure, gm made no commitment to build the car if the order never made past 1100, I understand that, but the reason it didn't was the manufacturer's quirky ordering system itself in the first place.

Simply put, here is a customer who wanted a Camaro and was willing to pay the price the dealer wanted for it. Now gm are saying screw you, we didn't accept your order and now you can no longer order your chosen paint color.

Is this company really in such a lofty position? This may fly from Koenigsegg or Bugatti, but it's a bit presumptuous coming from General Motors... how about saying "no more orders with options x, y and z, but orders already in the system we will produce, regardless of status, because our customers are actually important to us"?

If I were the OP, I sure wouldn't buy a truck or SUV, electric or ICE, from this company after such a move, so the "Camaro is a low sales volume vehicle" argument doesn't fully apply either.

No doubt this entire process has been frustrating and thats putting it very nicely. A lot has to do with your dealer and luck of the draw. But GM itself could be doing a lot more to satisfy Camaro buyers, IMO. Its so wishy-washy and very difficult to navigate through ordering.

Vdubz 04-19-2022 08:39 PM

Just confirming, if an order for a 2022 in satin steel was accepted by GM before 03/31, even with a TPW of 05/09 it will still be built, correct?

BundiMan 04-20-2022 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vdubz (Post 11163091)
Just confirming, if an order for a 2022 in satin steel was accepted by GM before 03/31, even with a TPW of 05/09 it will still be built, correct?

If it was accepted "you are at or past 2000" it will be built

Vdubz 04-20-2022 09:15 AM

Great, thanks! I am at 3100 with a TPW of 05/09. Was worried when I read satin steel was being discontinued.