CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   What did you do to your 6th Gen Camaro today?! (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=436559)

sureshshanmugam79 10-06-2017 10:23 AM

Tinted all around with 35%

Not today but yesterday, tinted all around with 35%

arpad_m 10-07-2017 07:07 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Camaro noob here :) After weeks of buying parts, tools and in all honesty, procrastinating in fear of breaking something, I took a deep breath today and installed LED headlights (low and high beam bulbs) on my non-RS 2018 2LT. Given that the front bumper had to be removed anyway, I also threw in an illuminated bowtie to kill two birds with one stone. First time I was taking a Camaro apart :), the project took me the six hours, but it's all done and works like a charm.
Took her out for a short night test drive, well the difference between stock and LED headlights is literally night and day, no pun intended. Also, I purchased passive cooled LED bulbs with heatsinks, so the headlight assembly is totally silent, no cooling fan noise and no HID whine either, yay. As a precaution, I had resistors ready, but they weren't needed in the end, I am getting no CEL or any error codes.

Since I have no jack, I did it without removing the wheels, just cut them all the way left and right to be able to unhook the wheel well liners. Access is extremely difficult with big hands like mine, but in the end manageable even without help, just takes a lot of patience and proper tools. The bowtie installation was no walk in the park either, as a gigantic hole the shape of a rounded rectangle needed to be cut into the grille, which I scuffed a bit on the inside, but it's invisible, so no big deal. Wonder why the grille doesn't come with the hole precut, it's a pretty time-consuming chore.

Right now I'm tired, but happy as can be :) Next time I'll tackle the reverse lights and perhaps the license plate lights, the stock ones look yellowish and dated. I may find a use for the resistors with the reverse lights.

1hprush 10-07-2017 09:33 PM

Awesome job! The led's and bowtie look great! Is that a race deck floor you have there?

arpad_m 10-07-2017 10:43 PM

Thanks a lot :)

No, it's the diamond grid-loc from Garage Flooring.

Installed that myself, too, with some custom underlayment I figured would work better than 5mm rubber. That garage upgrade took almost three two weeks, but then again, I'm an amateur, there was no rush, and it's the results that matter, isn't it. Wife helped out by repainiting the garage, and I also installed slatwall panels, so now the place is worthy of a Camaro :D

ltcol_king 10-08-2017 06:30 AM

4 Attachment(s)
C7 Carbon front splitter in gloss black. Side skirts due to arrive in about 3 weeks.

KILLA BEE 10-08-2017 08:41 AM

Gotts admit, those brembo covers dont look bad, i know alot of people hate them, had any problems with them???

Fifty SS 10-08-2017 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arpad_m (Post 9932490)
Camaro noob here :) After weeks of buying parts, tools and in all honesty, procrastinating in fear of breaking something, I took a deep breath today and installed LED headlights (low and high beam bulbs) on my non-RS 2018 2LT. Given that the front bumper had to be removed anyway, I also threw in an illuminated bowtie to kill two birds with one stone. First time I was taking a Camaro apart :), the project took me the six hours, but it's all done and works like a charm.
Took her out for a short night test drive, well the difference between stock and LED headlights is literally night and day, no pun intended. Also, I purchased passive cooled LED bulbs with heatsinks, so the headlight assembly is totally silent, no cooling fan noise and no HID whine either, yay. As a precaution, I had resistors ready, but they weren't needed in the end, I am getting no CEL or any error codes.

Since I have no jack, I did it without removing the wheels, just cut them all the way left and right to be able to unhook the wheel well liners. Access is extremely difficult with big hands like mine, but in the end manageable even without help, just takes a lot of patience and proper tools. The bowtie installation was no walk in the park either, as a gigantic hole the shape of a rounded rectangle needed to be cut into the grille, which I scuffed a bit on the inside, but it's invisible, so no big deal. Wonder why the grille doesn't come with the hole precut, it's a pretty time-consuming chore.

Right now I'm tired, but happy as can be :) Next time I'll tackle the reverse lights and perhaps the license plate lights, the stock ones look yellowish and dated. I may find a use for the resistors with the reverse lights.

Nice job; the illuminated bowtie looks awesome!

ltcol_king 10-08-2017 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLA BEE (Post 9932867)
Gotts admit, those brembo covers dont look bad, i know alot of people hate them, had any problems with them???

yeah... to each his own... no issues thus far

1hprush 10-08-2017 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ltcol_king (Post 9932768)
C7 Carbon front splitter in gloss black. Side skirts due to arrive in about 3 weeks.

Splitter looks good, so does the hood. What size tire you running.

ltcol_king 10-08-2017 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1hprush (Post 9932895)
Splitter looks good, so does the hood. What size tire you running.

Thanks. 285/30/ZR20 and 305/30/ZR20

Gen6 10-08-2017 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ltcol_king (Post 9932921)
Thanks. 285/30/ZR20 and 305/30/ZR20

Love the car, is it lowered?

ltcol_king 10-08-2017 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gen6 (Post 9933040)

Thanks... and nope

ltcol_king 10-08-2017 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gen6 (Post 9933040)

I see you have the dark tails on your garnet red SS. Can you share a pic when able?

arpad_m 10-08-2017 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fifty SS (Post 9932875)
Nice job; the illuminated bowtie looks awesome!

Thanks man, appreciate it. It is less luminous than the photos would indicate, btw, but still very appealing.

I think I'll head over to the neighbor across the street to show him the bowtie, he has a 5th gen Hot Wheels edition SS, dark blue with black wheels and red accents that the illuminated black bowtie would look awesome with.