CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=226)
-   -   New Camaro Ordering Help (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=611820)

JBrena10 12-04-2022 01:28 PM

New Camaro Ordering Help

Hello everyone I just recently ordered a 2023 Camaro V6 with a shock and steel package and a sunroof and dual exhaust. The dealership I went to told me they had allocation to build the vehicle but it has been three weeks and still no answer on anything. Could it be because of my age that they could be doing this? I am 20 years old so i’m not sure if that may play a factor to it. I did research on here and saw that there should have been an order number given to me whenever the order should have been placed but I never received one and when i confronted the dealership just yesterday they told me there wont be one until GM picks it up and that the vehicle isnt even in 1100 status and until it is thats when I will get one. What should I do? Should I wait or should I try to find another dealer, if so are there any good dealers near Harrisburg Pa area? Thank you in advance ! I’m happy I found this page to have access to some guidance through all this!!

darkfader 12-04-2022 01:39 PM

1100 status means the order has been submitted. So if you don’t have an order number or an 1100 status, probably means the order hasn’t even been submitted yet. Did you pay a deposit, or discuss if that dealer required a deposit? I had an order number and an 1100 status within minutes after ordering through my salesman.

JBrena10 12-04-2022 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkfader (Post 11259497)
1100 status means the order has been submitted. So if you don’t have an order number or an 1100 status, probably means the order hasn’t even been submitted yet. Did you pay a deposit, or discuss if that dealer required a deposit? I had an order number and an 1100 status within minutes after ordering through my salesman.

Yes they asked for a $500 deposit and they told me they were only going to keep it with them they weren’t going to cash it or anything. It is refundable I made sure before anything

CamaroRSOnt 12-04-2022 03:41 PM

I placed an Camaro order with a dealer last Monday and had the GM order number (6 digits or letters) the next day. They should be able to provide that right away. Then you can start tracking progress.
That GM order means there is a request in the GM system from the dealer to build your vehicle, then you await allocation which may take awhile. Study up here and it won't be long you will have the system figured out. Status codes are key.

JBrena10 12-04-2022 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroRSOnt (Post 11259535)
I placed an Camaro order with a dealer last Monday and had the GM order number (6 digits or letters) the next day. They should be able to provide that right away. Then you can start tracking progress.
That GM order means there is a request in the GM system from the dealer to build your vehicle, then you await allocation which may take awhile. Study up here and it won't be long you will have the system figured out. Status codes are key.

So what do you recommend I should do? find somewhere else or leave it be?

demonspeed 12-04-2022 07:09 PM

I’d find another dealer. The sooner you have a submitted order the better at this point.

JBrena10 12-04-2022 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonspeed (Post 11259571)
I’d find another dealer. The sooner you have a submitted order the better at this point.

Any dealerships you may recommend?

Odabo 12-05-2022 10:51 AM

What many dealers do is take deposits and build a queue of people waiting to get orders placed. Because GM trickles allocations out to a dealer it can take a while. For example you might be #3 in line but if that dealer is getting one allocation every 5 weeks you are looking at 15 weeks waiting for an allocation. It seems dealers will not submit your order until your place in line comes up. If they claim they placed the order I would press them to give you the 6 alphanumeric order number and a copy of the order workbench.

JBrena10 12-06-2022 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Odabo (Post 11259763)
What many dealers do is take deposits and build a queue of people waiting to get orders placed. Because GM trickles allocations out to a dealer it can take a while. For example you might be #3 in line but if that dealer is getting one allocation every 5 weeks you are looking at 15 weeks waiting for an allocation. It seems dealers will not submit your order until your place in line comes up. If they claim they placed the order I would press them to give you the 6 alphanumeric order number and a copy of the order workbench.

thank you for the information!! I really appreciate that I will press them about it!! If they don’t I will just find another dealership

demonspeed 12-06-2022 05:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBrena10 (Post 11259581)
Any dealerships you may recommend?

I’d suggest trying to figure out the largest by volume Corvette dealer in your area as they are likely to also push more Camaros being a performance dealership; however, there’s truly no way to know the “best” dealership. You can narrow it by searching only Corvette Gold dealers. If you’re willing to travel and need it sooner, more nationally known dealers such as Criswell, Berger, etc are good bets.

WhiteMale 12-06-2022 08:26 AM

If they said they have an allocation and its' three weeks later and you've got nothing I'd suggest that you walk. You should have a 6 digit number at this point in time, even if it's just at 1100. But some dealers do that, keep a file and submit when they get allocations, not much difference in letting an order be submitted and sit at 1100, or not.
But that bothers me, saying they have an allocation and then apparently do not or don't show that they do.
This happened to me a Hendrick locally, I kept saying "you have an allocation?", Yes...never got any where with those guys and took my deposit back. Basically the same situation that you have, deposit, allocation, no order number, no status, I just let it go 60 days before I caught on a pulled out of the deal.

Pontiac6_6 12-24-2022 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBrena10 (Post 11259562)
So what do you recommend I should do? find somewhere else or leave it be?

Your situation seems odd, 500 deposit is pretty low for an ordered build. I placed one in October, put 5k down, then canceled about 4 weeks later after doing enough research to realize they lied to me when they said they had allocation. I ended up going to chevrolet.com, building my car, then looking through all the dealerships that had the car in stock. I'm in Nevada, only 1SS 1LE Summit White I could find was in Illinois. They didn't charge any BS markup, so I paid 1400 to get shipped and now i have my car. So if you haven't found your car already, i would suggest looking on the chevy website.

R2D2520 12-24-2022 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBrena10 (Post 11259493)
Hello everyone I just recently ordered a 2023 Camaro V6 with a shock and steel package and a sunroof and dual exhaust. The dealership I went to told me they had allocation to build the vehicle but it has been three weeks and still no answer on anything. Could it be because of my age that they could be doing this? I am 20 years old so i’m not sure if that may play a factor to it. I did research on here and saw that there should have been an order number given to me whenever the order should have been placed but I never received one and when i confronted the dealership just yesterday they told me there wont be one until GM picks it up and that the vehicle isnt even in 1100 status and until it is thats when I will get one. What should I do? Should I wait or should I try to find another dealer, if so are there any good dealers near Harrisburg Pa area? Thank you in advance ! I’m happy I found this page to have access to some guidance through all this!!

I'm young too, I placed an order in October, and only got to 2000 about a week ago, I'm only 19 so I thought that was the reason. They also did not give me an order number. I had to call and ask for it.

I would wait a solid 2 months before switching

smathwig 12-24-2022 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pontiac6_6 (Post 11265695)
Your situation seems odd, 500 deposit is pretty low for an ordered build. I placed one in October, put 5k down, then canceled about 4 weeks later after doing enough research to realize they lied to me when they said they had allocation. I ended up going to chevrolet.com, building my car, then looking through all the dealerships that had the car in stock. I'm in Nevada, only 1SS 1LE Summit White I could find was in Illinois. They didn't charge any BS markup, so I paid 1400 to get shipped and now i have my car. So if you haven't found your car already, i would suggest looking on the chevy website.

Wow, that is exactly what I did. I am from northern Nevada and also got mine out of Illinois. Paid a couple hundred dollars more for shipping than you did, but it was worth it.